Ok here we go the metal relicing.
Now first of there is a few ways to do this, I will explain three with the most dangerous and caustic first.
*Beware these steps are extremely dangerous and I do not use these methods due to said danger.*
I have read and seen people who have used Muratic Acid fumes to wear there metal parts. I choose my lungs, skin and safety over this method. But basically it works like this you need two containers one small enough to fit into the other. You will pour some Muratic Acid into the bigger container and then put your parts in the smaller one, Then put the smaller container into the bigger container so ONLY the fumes come in contact with the metal not the actual Acid. I never used this method and dont suggest it.
The second method is to use Circuitboard Etchant Solution sold at Radio Shack, this method is the quickest but can also be dangerous and can ruin your parts in a matter of seconds turning them black.. I dont even know how it works or why. Again I prefer the non-caustic way which I will explain below.
For my method I prefer something that takes a little more time, but its safe to me and everyone around me.
Things you will need:
Metal pan for boiling(this is something you dont want to keep so make sure its a junk pan and not your moms best pan LOL
Mortons Iodized Salt
Time, Time, Time, this is not for the impatient.
Ok first step get your salt and vinegar.. If your hungry get some chips too.
One pan full of water.. Start that stove and let the fun begin
Add a decent amount of salt to the water, I would say a cup of salt if this was a recipe.. What we are going to make is a Salt water brine.
Now some agree with this some dont.. I have had excellent results with this method. We are going to add some Vinegar to the mix, vinegar is usually between 3-5% acidity. So in the process of the salt water brine were going to add some of that acidity to the mix which will help in the aging process. Now dont over do it I used about a 1/2 a cup of vinegar.
Get a nice sized container and throw all your metal parts in there.. Obviously dont throw your electrical parts like pots, switches, and pickups, etc etc in there. LOL
As you can see the salt has no become one with the water.. This is what were after. You dont need to boil it for hours just until the water and salt have mixed.