<back   Jemsite > Players, People, Music and Tours > Multimedia: Music, Pictures & Sounds

Multimedia: Music, Pictures & Sounds share links to MP3s, JPGs, Videos, Youtube or other music or multimedia (no bootleg or illegal file sharing please).

Old 02-06-2013, 03:28 PM

my best attempt at an original epic outro solo (but...I'm not a fast player)

I've been working on a song for my girlfriend of 7 years, but I can't sing so it had to be instrumental, but I can't play super fast like many of the people on youtube (mayones contest, omg, so many notes!!). So I tried to make something that grooved, and felt like I feel when I remember all the things we've achieved and done together. She makes me happy, I hope this song does too.

I also had to do something heavy in the song, cause she likes heavy. So I used my ET Custom 7 string (standard tuning), and wrote it all in the key of B.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPRRVkjksCw

I call it, "Mai Raifu, Mai Rabu" (my life, my love - in japanese). That's her in the Totoro hat in the video thumbnail.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:27 PM
(a)

Thumbs up

Re: my best attempt at an original epic outro solo (but...I'm not a fast player)

Kudos. Good composition. I like it.

Regards,

JP
Old 02-06-2013, 05:37 PM
(a)
doriangrey  is online

Reviews: 10

Re: my best attempt at an original epic outro solo (but...I'm not a fast player)

cool song man - nice work! and btw - you don't need to be a fast player to make great music and express yourself. David Gilmour is still my favorite guitar player of all time and he never shreds. Super nice gutar too!
Old 02-07-2013, 07:55 AM
(a)

Sounded really good. I'd have liked more volume for the outro though, it's got a tonne of soul so more of it, please ;-) Great sound and tone though.

Your cat seemed completely unimpressed though?! Tough audience...
Old 02-07-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demogorgos View Post
Kudos. Good composition. I like it.

Regards,

JP
Thanks man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
cool song man - nice work! and btw - you don't need to be a fast player to make great music and express yourself. David Gilmour is still my favorite guitar player of all time and he never shreds. Super nice gutar too!
Thanks man. I haven't looked into David Gilmour. I'll have to check him out on youtube, see if anything tickles my fancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiano View Post
Sounded really good. I'd have liked more volume for the outro though, it's got a tonne of soul so more of it, please ;-) Great sound and tone though.

Your cat seemed completely unimpressed though?! Tough audience...
Thanks Robbiano . I agree, I should kick up the outro volume and probably extend it.

lol, she was sleeping before I started recording that bit. I wasn't expecting her to wake up and start cleaning herself. Silly Kitty.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:04 PM

Good stuff man, well played!!
Old 02-08-2013, 01:56 AM

Reviews: 15

Well done sir! I always like seeing that guitar in action. Any theme songs on the horizon?
Old 02-08-2013, 09:29 PM

Thanks guys

silverctr, yes, there is. But it's a bit out there. I'm working on the theme to "My Neighbour Totoro", but I'm trying to change it up a little. Make it a bit more metal. Not succeeding at the moment though, lol.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:28 AM
(a)

I like it!!!! I agree, fast for the sake of fast doesn't always portray what you feel. Nice song man!!!
Old 02-16-2013, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by satchmo72 View Post
I like it!!!! I agree, fast for the sake of fast doesn't always portray what you feel. Nice song man!!!
Thanks satchmo
Old 02-16-2013, 05:44 PM

That's a great composition all around.

The values on recording are extremely well mixed together and you can hear the tracks clearly. The individual notes break right on through, including the muted ones.

Well done!
Old 03-20-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 63Blazer View Post
That's a great composition all around.

The values on recording are extremely well mixed together and you can hear the tracks clearly. The individual notes break right on through, including the muted ones.

Well done!
Thank you!

I did have to pull out a few tricks with the distorted tones. To keep them from being fizzy, gritty, and toneless. I wanted them to growl. Hard to do without a proper amp, and proper room+mics, but I think I got by with what I had .

Thanks again for the compliments .
Old 03-20-2013, 10:38 PM

Reviews: 2

That's pretty good. Nice mix of metal and melody.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:23 PM

Your cat was getting busy; I would not be surprised if that cat had a tootsy roll center. Maybe its my OCD but I counted 142 individual licks...can someone please tell me if my count was off?

~JH
Old 03-21-2013, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by therightjem View Post
That's pretty good. Nice mix of metal and melody.
Cheers man

Quote:
Originally Posted by worldrecordholder View Post
Your cat was getting busy; I would not be surprised if that cat had a tootsy roll center. Maybe its my OCD but I counted 142 individual licks...can someone please tell me if my count was off?

~JH
Nah, she was groomed only an hour or so earlier.

Not sure what you mean by the 142 licks. It's not that disjointed is it?

The first few bars have an extra beat each time around, so that lick goes out on each even bar, and the entire riff/lick ends before finishing/resolving the last time around. It didn't do this originally, but I wanted it to move, feel different. Or does everything really sound that disjointed to be all individual licks instead of a whole song all together? Just curious is all. My theory and everything is lacking. Would love to learn more.

Show/Hide Posting Rules