My Mayones Duncan solo entry - JCRG7-1 J-custom & Axe Fx 2 - Jemsite
Multimedia: Music, Pictures & Sounds share links to MP3s, JPGs, Videos, Youtube or other music or multimedia (no bootleg or illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 11:43 AM Thread Starter

My Mayones Duncan solo entry - JCRG7-1 J-custom & Axe Fx 2

Hi, thought I'd share my solo for the Mayones Duncan competition. I mixed up some nasty blues sections with the more technical melodic ideas. Hope you enjoy it!
Played on a 7-string J-custom from 2001, best neck ever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFTFDiInx6Q

The competition's generated a lot of interest and it's been great hearing all the ideas people have come up with.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 02:09 PM

Reviews: 6
Thumbs up Re: My Mayones Duncan solo entry - JCRG7-1 J-custom & Axe Fx 2

Like the J Custom, and also great tone and playing.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 02:55 PM

Re: My Mayones Duncan solo entry - JCRG7-1 J-custom & Axe Fx 2

Cool man! That was an awesome backing track to play along with wasn't it. I know I had an absolute ball recording my entry.
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 08:29 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the kind comments. Yeah, the whole idea of this competition has been inspiring. By the time I did my entry I'd already heard more than enough mindblowing entries to not think about winning, but it's been a great exercise thinking: right - I've got 90 seconds of music to compose/improvise something memorable that follows the backing, while pushing me technically. I think it's cool that so many people got on board with it and did it for the hell of it (or for the guitar - looks pretty sweet). I hope it keeps building up awareness of Keith Merrow too as he's one of the freshest sounding metal players out there - highly recommend his instrumental albums. I heard a lot of entries using some interesting techniques I'm not familiar with - cool tapping licks etc, so watching everyone's stuff has been a good way to find new things to try, and see how different people approach composing. 1 backing track, a thousand ideas... I reckon everyone that entered has already got something good out of doing it.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-20-2013, 08:51 PM

Reviews: 1

nice entry good luck

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode