Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Metallica - Australia

3K views 19 replies 17 participants last post by  ermonski 
#1 ·
Who's going?
I am going Sat 16/10/10 in Brisbane.

#2 ·
Negative......was going with a mate but he didnt get tickets...im not crying about it though!!! I missed out on the justice tour back in the day and have been pissed off about it since.......after the justice album they just went downhill imho........yeah they will put on a great show.....but meh.......i can hear them on the radio if i wana hear em.......thats not very metal!!!!
Speaking of the justice tour.....im yet to convert the adelaide show on 3 vinyl discs my sister got for me when she ued to work at a record store..... the good lady wife got me a record player that converts to mp3...so i gotta get off my lazy arse and do it!!! Man they were on fire back then...just look at the binge and purge dvd......awesome!!
Anyways...disregard my rant....have a blast \,,/

#6 ·
In Winnipeg/canada the 2009 Metallica show sold out what, a year or so before the actual show?

I wouldn't mind going to one, but not for its ridiculous price. Not to mention half of all the big 'old school' thrash fans are either white trash or prepubescents, etc. So really its not an ideal show. I was a lot more ticked off with missing Gojira, who was touring with metallica.

And Death Magnetic has overall pretty good songs but sh*t production to the point where it is almost not listenable; the snare practically distorts with every hit! A 10 year old with no knowledge of mixing probably could have gotten similar or better results. My 2 cents anyways.

#20 ·
Kirk Hammett is a good guitar player, but there are millions of guitar players that can run circles around Kirk in this day and age.

But I still look up to him with high regard, as his solo to Master of Puppets pretty much opened my mind to guitar playing and motivated me to take guitar playing seriously, thay's how influential he is :D

I hope they come to the Philippines though...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.