<back   Jemsite > Players, People, Music and Tours > Players, Bands, People, Music & Tours

Players, Bands, People, Music & Tours Post news about bands (including yours!), or talk about other music, CDs, DVDs, videos, tours or appearances.

Old 12-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Dr. Phil moment

Around 1985, I used to walk to school (just 1 block) listening to my MONO walkman(radio).
I only knew a bunch of words and phrases in english.
Everytime this song started, I remember dancing while walking, in the middle of the way other students joined me and always laughed cause I was dancing but in the end
I used to make them happy even though we were going to school
The last time I heard it was in the 80's, I never knew its name or what lyrics were saying so I would never be able to get it.
Half hour ago, I sang it to a friend of mine who lives in Durham - England, well I just sang its melody cause I don't have a clue about its lyrics, after 10 seconds he told me its name
and who sings it, damn finally I found it.
Yep it's pop and with kind of weird tones for these days but still a good melody is always good no matter styles and tones.
I'm dancing again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHQgxVBQFCA
Old 12-13-2012, 03:00 PM

Re: Dr. Phil moment

Good for you man. These are great moments. I've been looking for a song calked love you". It is 80s metal/rock, but I don't know the band.
Old 12-13-2012, 06:19 PM

Reviews: 2

Cool story and happy you dance again. I had a similar thing meny years ago. I was dreaming about a Armed car robbery and how the robbers line the Armedcar personel up in front of the car and shoots them. So when i woke up i know it was a movie but diden't know what movie. Well a day or two goes by and at night i was starting to look at a movie on the tv that seemed exiting, when all of a sudden the robbery from the dream comes up. Movie was Made in La, by Michael Mann that later became Heat(De Niro,Kilmer etc). Strange stuff.
Old 12-13-2012, 11:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibateur View Post
Good for you man. These are great moments. I've been looking for a song calked love you". It is 80s metal/rock, but I don't know the band.
With that name you'd have to search through a gaziliion songs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maqify View Post
Cool story and happy you dance again. I had a similar thing meny years ago. I was dreaming about a Armed car robbery and how the robbers line the Armedcar personel up in front of the car and shoots them. So when i woke up i know it was a movie but diden't know what movie. Well a day or two goes by and at night i was starting to look at a movie on the tv that seemed exiting, when all of a sudden the robbery from the dream comes up. Movie was Made in La, by Michael Mann that later became Heat(De Niro,Kilmer etc). Strange stuff.
I have a complete useless superpower about movies.Everytime when I'm talking to someone, taking a bath, washing my car etc, if whatever I'm doing reminds me of a scene from a movie, in about 1 week that movie will be on tv, someday in that week I'll be searching through channels and I'll find that movie, it happened a hundred times since I was a teen so they were not coincidences.
Useless and idiot super power
Old 12-14-2012, 03:17 AM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
With that name you'd have to search through a gaziliion songs.

I have a complete useless superpower about movies.Everytime when I'm talking to someone, taking a bath, washing my car etc, if whatever I'm doing reminds me of a scene from a movie, in about 1 week that movie will be on tv, someday in that week I'll be searching through channels and I'll find that movie, it happened a hundred times since I was a teen so they were not coincidences.
Useless and idiot super power
Same with me and TV shows. Happens a lot. About a year ago it would happen every day.

I'm starting to think it's some kind of brainwave that the TV companies are sending out to make us interested in what they plan on putting on a week later. Then they get more ratings and we get the satisfaction of pretending we have super powers
Old 12-14-2012, 12:55 PM

Useless and idiot super power [/quote]

Really..so if not coincidences...what is it?
Old 12-14-2012, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.M.RG7620 View Post
Same with me and TV shows. Happens a lot. About a year ago it would happen every day.

I'm starting to think it's some kind of brainwave that the TV companies are sending out to make us interested in what they plan on putting on a week later. Then they get more ratings and we get the satisfaction of pretending we have super powers

Might be...some international brainwave.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Really..so if not coincidences...what is it?
A complete useless superpower.
Old 12-14-2012, 04:14 PM

Hehe
Old 12-14-2012, 04:24 PM
(a)

Reviews: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibateur View Post
I've been looking for a song calked love you". It is 80s metal/rock, but I don't know the band.
Saigon Kick maybe? cool guitar solo in this song...simple but melodic and perfect for the song, imho...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s79Oknx64W4
Old 12-30-2012, 09:10 PM

Reviews: 7

I really dug the Don Henley song "Dirty Laundry" but I never knew the name/artist until this year. The satisfaction of finding it was good
Old 12-31-2012, 12:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
Saigon Kick maybe? cool guitar solo in this song...simple but melodic and perfect for the song, imho...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s79Oknx64W4
Thanks mate, but no, not them. This was a rocker.
Old 01-01-2013, 09:14 AM

Reviews: 21

Quote:
"Heat" is one of my favorite movies. Deniro and Pachino on the same screen with a killer ending! Long as hell though but worth it.
Old 01-04-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike570 View Post
"Heat" is one of my favorite movies. Deniro and Pachino on the same screen with a killer ending! Long as hell though but worth it.

Yeah it's a cool movie.

Show/Hide Posting Rules