Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Dream Theater - 9th June, Newcastle

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Eco 
#1 ·
Well i saw Dream theater last night :D and i can honestly say it was the best gig i've ever seen.

Every single one of them was on fire, Petrucci and Rudess especially stood out, but every single one of them was as good, if not better than i've ever seen them at.

Well, its my birthday tommorow, this was kind of an early day out for that, and it was well worth it, i'll remember that one for the rest of my life.

They started out when they came on they played Panic Attack and a couple from the new album, then played Constant Motion, when James shouted that, the whole place was booming.

After that they played the tracklist from Images and Words since its the 15th Anniversary next month, never heard so many people shouting and cheering as they did at the start of Metropolis and Under a Glass moon.

After that they came out and played Home for an encore, was awesome.

Well my voice hurts from shouting all night, but i'd go again in a second if i could afford it ;) anyone else get to see them last night?

See less See more
#2 ·
Yeh, i was there. I agree all of them were on fire, I was literally a couple of metres away from petrucci. They couldn't have chosen a better setlist too, starting with Overture 1928 into Strange Deja Vu then Panic Attack, Constant Motion, Forsaken, IMAGES AND WORDS IN ITS ENTIRITY, then finishing on Home =]

They are coming back to the UK in the fall, 6 dates. I'm definatley there, last night was the best gig ever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.