I heard "I Would Love To" on a clip on Fox News sports this evening - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 02:46 AM Thread Starter

I heard "I Would Love To" on a clip on Fox News sports this evening

I'm visiting my parents and Fox news was about to go to commercial but they were showing a preview or highlight clip or something of football, and I was like "wait, I know that song!"

It was "I Would Love To!"

I looked at my mom and was like "whoa, do you know what song that is? That's Steve Vai from the album you bought me for Christmas in 1989! What the heck is it doing on Fox News?"

I wanted to record it with my cell phone camera and upload it cuz I didn't think anyone here would believe me

Someone in the sound room has good taste in music. I'm sure someone was like "just play some rock and roll or something" and that dude was probably like "I'll just slip in some Vai..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-23-2012, 12:11 PM

Re: I heard "I Would Love To" on a clip on Fox News sports this evening

I think it happens more than we think. A couple of weeks ago, I was watching college football and the outtake to commercial music was an obscure satriani song. Like they figured noone would say anything about licensing if noone had a clue what the song was.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-24-2012, 07:33 PM

Reviews: 21

This happens quite a bit. And I'm sure guys like Joe and Steve get some money for it when their music is used on a broadcast like that.
mike570 is online  
post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-26-2012, 12:26 PM

It used to drive me nuts when rock stations would use songs from "Surfing With The Alien" as bumper music and talk over them. I always thought "How about you just play the song!"
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 12-04-2012, 10:32 PM

Reviews: 4

Actually, I don't think they do get money for that unless they use so much of the song or something weird like that.

The local talk/sports radio station (1260AM in Indianapolis) would use that song ALL the time for bumpers.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode