<back   Jemsite > Players, People, Music and Tours > Players, Bands, People, Music & Tours

Players, Bands, People, Music & Tours Post news about bands (including yours!), or talk about other music, CDs, DVDs, videos, tours or appearances.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 02-27-2010, 08:25 PM
(a)
michblanch  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Houston Tx.
Posts: 1,179  -  iTrader: (4)

Karnivool


Anyone listen to these guys?
I discovered them today, probably late to the party but man what a great progressive band.
They are gonna be a showcase band at SXSW in Austin this year.


Live
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tO4B5hToaBQ
quote
  #2  
Old 02-27-2010, 09:38 PM
SYL  is offline
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 391  -  iTrader: (8)

Re: Karnivool


Quote:
Originally Posted by michblanch View Post
Anyone listen to these guys?
I discovered them today, probably late to the party but man what a great progressive band.
They are Awesome! - saw them at the Big Day out and are Amazing - the singer is very dynamic and the material is well worth the purchase (two albums - from memory)

definitely check them out!
quote
  #3  
Old 02-27-2010, 09:54 PM
DEADTUNES666  is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SCRANTON, PA
Posts: 2,273  -  iTrader: (2)
Reviews: 12
Red face

Re: Karnivool


Kind of remind me of a younger Marillion...With the singer being a combination of Fish and Steve Hogarth...

I didn't like it at first but about 4 minutes in, I couldn't turn away from them...

Overall I think it may be too trippy for me in the end, but this was not bad at all!
quote
  #4  
Old 02-28-2010, 02:00 PM
(a)
michblanch  is offline
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Houston Tx.
Posts: 1,179  -  iTrader: (4)

Re: Karnivool


This is a great song also kinda reminds me of Porcupine Tree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18SUF...eature=related
quote
  #5  
Old 02-28-2010, 03:51 PM
skins345669  is offline
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: LONDON, UK
Posts: 848  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: Karnivool


Awesome awesome awesome band. Seeing them later this month. The tunings they play in are awkward as hell though.
quote
  #6  
Old 03-01-2010, 09:51 PM
6fingers  is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 4,982  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 64

Re: Karnivool


Marillion ???????!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dead is high bwahahahahahahahahahaha

I like them = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK-tZvcE8N4
quote
  #7  
Old 03-02-2010, 08:23 AM
DEADTUNES666  is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SCRANTON, PA
Posts: 2,273  -  iTrader: (2)
Reviews: 12
Red face

Re: Karnivool


Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
Marillion ???????!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dead is high bwahahahahahahahahahaha

I like them = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WK-tZvcE8N4
Okay...I wasn't high when I wrote that ...but I could see where one would think that, after viewing that ^^^ I was basing my critique on that first song which felt a tad more raw than Marillion but in the same vein...However after seeing the second vid posted by my 6 fingered ball busting pal...I guess I have to get to a crack house quick!
quote
  #8  
Old 03-02-2010, 02:52 PM
6fingers  is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 4,982  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 64

Re: Karnivool


Quote:
Originally Posted by DEADTUNES666 View Post
Okay...I wasn't high when I wrote that ...but I could see where one would think that, after viewing that ^^^ I was basing my critique on that first song which felt a tad more raw than Marillion but in the same vein...However after seeing the second vid posted by my 6 fingered ball busting pal...I guess I have to get to a crack house quick!
hahahahahaahaha
quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Show/Hide Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:48 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) jemsite.com
Powered by