<back   Jemsite > Players, People, Music and Tours > Players, Bands, People, Music & Tours

Players, Bands, People, Music & Tours Post news about bands (including yours!), or talk about other music, CDs, DVDs, videos, tours or appearances.

Old 12-07-2012, 08:52 AM

Long time coming - First live 'Vai' experience

Bit late to the party at having waiting 24yrs (but late's fashionable right?) but last night in humble Ipswich, UK, I finally got to experience the live Vai thing.

We got 3hrs of a great show (sadly the support had to return home, but more Vai for our money) and I was truly staggered by his performance. I had expected alot, but seeing him play live was both humbling and exhilarating all at the same time and delivered more than i had ever thought. Great showman, shocking trousers, cool sense of humour and above all else talent the likes of which i've never seen.. The band were of course excellent with major shout out/respect to Dave Weiner - again I had figured he was good but had seriously underestimated him. Astonishing.

Anyhoo, a few pics; probably violating some copyright b*****s but i won't loose sleep...

Old 12-07-2012, 03:23 PM

Re: Long time coming - First live 'Vai' experience

Glad you had a great time I saw him a few nights previous in London and was very curious how the gig would appear in a smaller town/venue!! Good times
Old 12-08-2012, 05:34 AM

Re: Long time coming - First live 'Vai' experience

Cheers! Steve seemed to really like the venue which was a classic old theatre style.. Good views which was nice :-)

Guess you were at the recorded gigs right??!! Cool...

Tags
steve vai

Show/Hide Posting Rules