Queensryche in Sao Paulo - Jemsite
Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams! Covers everything from discussing musicians, bands, music, albums, videos, local jams & sharing multimedia links (no illegal file sharing please).

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 07:12 AM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 4,975
Reviews: 64
6fingers is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 03:59 PM
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Hilversum, The Netherlands
Posts: 3,273
Re: Queensryche in Sao Paulo

They continue to be rockin' cool. Tate's voice seems to have strengthened even
Ibateur is offline  
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 4,975
Reviews: 64
Re: Queensryche in Sao Paulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibateur View Post
They continue to be rockin' cool. Tate's voice seems to have strengthened even
Yeah his voice is awesome, beautiful and strong on lower register and not nasal annoying screaming on high register.
But I only like their "before 2000" music, their new stuff "after 2000" sounds horrible to me.
Glad they played all hits and only a few new songs.
6fingers is offline  
post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 04:11 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,514
Re: Queensryche in Sao Paulo

I saw that tour in FL. Was sad to see them play a 200 person venue for their 30th anniversary. But show was good. Tate was a very good front man.
moebius is offline  
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 11:30 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,152
Re: Queensryche in Sao Paulo

Sounds pretty good, all things considered... doesn't sound like a band who'd just had an alleged knife fight at all.

http://www.metaltalk.net/news2012/2012935.php
Petie is offline  
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 04:22 AM
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Hilversum, The Netherlands
Posts: 3,273
Re: Queensryche in Sao Paulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
Yeah his voice is awesome, beautiful and strong on lower register and not nasal annoying screaming on high register.
But I only like their "before 2000" music, their new stuff "after 2000" sounds horrible to me.
Glad they played all hits and only a few new songs.
Yeah, I think they are more re-living their history than the new stuff. The American Soldier and "can't remember" are not my favourites for sure, but still good musicianship.
Ibateur is offline  
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 10:12 AM
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 1,225
Reviews: 2
Re: Queensryche in Sao Paulo

Tate has always been an awesome vocalist. The band has always been great live, as well.
therightjem is offline  
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 11:19 AM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,514
Re: Queensryche in Sao Paulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petie View Post
Sounds pretty good, all things considered... doesn't sound like a band who'd just had an alleged knife fight at all.

http://www.metaltalk.net/news2012/2012935.php
That's surprising given that one of the guitar players is Tate's son in law.
moebius is offline  
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 12:31 PM
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Florida
Posts: 593
Re: Queensryche in Sao Paulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by moebius View Post
That's surprising given that one of the guitar players is Tate's son in law.
Yeah, I can't hardly believe that as they have always seemed close and Tate is such a unique and key member of the band. He is very educated and classically trained as well... doesn't sound right. Maybe we can't believe what comes out of Brazil
chrisf is offline  
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 01:35 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 4,975
Reviews: 64
Re: Queensryche in Sao Paulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisf View Post
Yeah, I can't hardly believe that as they have always seemed close and Tate is such a unique and key member of the band. He is very educated and classically trained as well... doesn't sound right. Maybe we can't believe what comes out of Brazil
Yeah never believe in everything you read..............from any place
I didn't know about that story and honestly I couldn't care less.
I care about their music but what they're doing off the stage is their problem and only them know what really happened.
Operation Knifecrime sounds damn funny!
6fingers is offline  
post #11 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 08:21 PM
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,152
Re: Queensryche in Sao Paulo

I'm not sure I believe it either. Tate's a great guy, very talented, very driven, and I can't imagine them wanting to get rid of him.
Petie is offline  
post #12 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 08:33 PM Thread Starter
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Brazil
Posts: 4,975
Reviews: 64
Re: Queensryche in Sao Paulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petie View Post
I'm not sure I believe it either. Tate's a great guy, very talented, very driven, and I can't imagine them wanting to get rid of him.
That I can believe cause only them know what they want/need.
Great guy?
Very driven?
Are you in the same band as him?
Are you his friend?
Are you at least neighbours?
Why you keep guessing about a guy you don't know?
Now I'm guessing you don't know him!
Funny conversation

Portnoy was part of DT for 20 years and they all kept saying they love each others, they were best firends etc.
Out of nothing and without any fighting news on any media, they dumped him and a huge dumb teenage behaviour invaded all medias.
That's why I don't believe in anything I'm not involved in.
I never guess or take sides, only them know the truth
6fingers is offline  
post #13 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 09:27 PM
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
Posts: 2,646
Re: Queensryche in Sao Paulo

Got to see them do Mindcrime back in the day.. on the Empire tour they did it in its entirety. Then when MC2 came out I got to see them (sans DeGarmo ) do MC 1 and MC 2 in the same show!
GUITARMAGEDDON is offline  
post #14 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-10-2012, 09:35 PM
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 2,514
Re: Queensryche in Sao Paulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
That I can believe cause only them know what they want/need.
Great guy?
Very driven?
Are you in the same band as him?
Are you his friend?
Are you at least neighbours?
Why you keep guessing about a guy you don't know?
Now I'm guessing you don't know him!
Funny conversation

Portnoy was part of DT for 20 years and they all kept saying they love each others, they were best firends etc.
Out of nothing and without any fighting news on any media, they dumped him and a huge dumb teenage behaviour invaded all medias.
That's why I don't believe in anything I'm not involved in.
I never guess or take sides, only them know the truth
All you have to do is read an article with Tate and you can see he is driven. Given that Pete is a writer who covers the music business I am sure he knows a little of what he is talking about.
moebius is offline  
post #15 of 43 (permalink) Old 05-11-2012, 02:45 AM
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,152
Re: Queensryche in Sao Paulo

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
That I can believe cause only them know what they want/need.
Great guy?
Very driven?
Are you in the same band as him?
Are you his friend?
Are you at least neighbours?
Why you keep guessing about a guy you don't know?
Now I'm guessing you don't know him!
Funny conversation

Portnoy was part of DT for 20 years and they all kept saying they love each others, they were best firends etc.
Out of nothing and without any fighting news on any media, they dumped him and a huge dumb teenage behaviour invaded all medias.
That's why I don't believe in anything I'm not involved in.
I never guess or take sides, only them know the truth
Well we're not best buddies or anything but I've met him through work and have talked with him enough to get a sense of the character traits I mentioned.

Oh and I don't recall anyone else from DT making a drama of the Portnoy thing except Portnoy. Of course they spoke about it when asked in interviews, but the rest of the guys were very dignified in the way they handled it, especially the immediate aftermath and the drummer search.
Petie is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Expo Music - Sao Paulo - Brazil ibzbr Players & Bands, Music & Sounds, Tours & Jams! 2 09-26-2011 10:58 AM
Queensryche rip-off sound alike yes or no? Clonetool Polls 29 05-11-2007 11:36 AM
Looking for Queensryche tab... BucketBot Guitar Lessons & Music Theory 0 07-11-2004 03:53 AM
Queensryche Drum Loops GuyCool Recording Studio 5 02-17-2004 04:03 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome