<back   Jemsite > Players, People, Music and Tours > Players, Bands, People, Music & Tours

Players, Bands, People, Music & Tours Post news about bands (including yours!), or talk about other music, CDs, DVDs, videos, tours or appearances.

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2008, 02:01 AM

Sorry for the inconvenience...

Well, sorry for the inconvenience of the... spam thing??? C'mon... anyway... what can I say...

Thanks for the kind welcome... I guess this is not the place then, you may close this thread too.

Cesar.

Last edited by Cesar Huesca; 05-01-2008 at 02:07 AM.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:26 AM

Re: Sorry for the inconvenience...

Yeah, that was a bit harsh, but I think people are a little bitter you never came around before, seeing that your a Jem player and all.
Old 05-01-2008, 02:26 AM

If you guys have ethics, you will not hold this against this guy.

I sent this to the administrators:

Quote:
I find it somewhat disturbing that the Vote for Cesar Huesca thread was closed so rapidly.

Although I appreciate the need to quell flaming, I feel that an administrator could have stepped in to aid the discussion.

Are we so defensive that a post from a new member, given that it is aimed at self-promotion, be considered as spam. Considering that other members did attest to the fact that is music was discussed in other threads, is this really justified?

If this is the case, I would seriously consider creating a self-promotion section in the forum.

hush
hush
Old 05-01-2008, 02:36 AM

the Players, Bands, People, Music & Tours forum is for self promotion...
Old 05-01-2008, 02:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty Robb View Post
the Players, Bands, People, Music & Tours forum is for self promotion...
Good to know.

hush
Old 05-01-2008, 02:40 AM

I am in favour of a self-promotion section, but not in vote-for-me (threads)

It would result in so many new accounts being created/maintained for the specific goal of those users to get votes, and not to be a member of the community. That's the main issue I have with these "vote for me threads" created as the first post of some new user. No attempt is made at joining the community.

Last edited by Ibateur; 05-01-2008 at 02:41 AM. Reason: brain fart
Old 05-01-2008, 02:45 AM

thats very common in all forums, you use it for what you need, I for example mainly for the classifieds section to see if i can get a good deal on an instrument.

I dont think he was bothering anyone with his 1 post, (the first one dont count, just a validation post)
Old 05-01-2008, 02:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibateur View Post
I am in favour of a self-promotion section, but not in vote-for-me's

It would result in so many new accounts being created/maintained for the specific goal of those users to get votes, and not to be a member of the community. That's the main issue I have with these "vote for me threads" created as the first post of some new user. No attempt is made at joining the community.
While I appreciate that, isn't the essence of this forum to share & discuss established and new talents? How are we to go about this if we can't post upcoming talents or if they can't promote themselves wheter they be established members in this forum or newcomers.

I do not consider Cesar's post gratuitous self-promotion since as stated in the comment to admins he has been discussed previously.

hush

Last edited by hush; 05-01-2008 at 03:03 AM.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:10 AM
(a)

You can call it whatever you want, but if Cesar was a regular contributor here and posted the exact same thread, no one would say a word.

Of course Cesar is welcome here (as anyone), but perhaps a better first impression was needed.

Personally, I have enjoyed Cesar's youtube clips, and would love to see him as a regular member.
Old 05-01-2008, 03:10 AM

Quote:
I am in favour of a self-promotion section, but not in vote-for-me (threads)

But if it's a self-contained section, what's wrong with that. You either consult it or you don't. There's a section dedicated to that at vai.com's message board and I think it's great. It's a great vehicle for new talents and a great way to get exposed to them.

hush
Old 05-01-2008, 03:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
You can call it whatever you want, but if Cesar was a regular contributor here and posted the exact same thread, no one would say a word.

Of course Cesar is welcome here (as anyone), but perhaps a better first impression was needed.

YMMV
Perhaps, but there are a few factors to consider. Did he know about this forum before I mentioned it to him. Did he opt to invest is online efforts solely at vai.com's message board considering how much time he could consecrate to message boards and given the fact that he did a lot of vai covers?

hush
Old 05-01-2008, 03:55 AM
(a)

Hello Cesar and Hush

Cesar is a great guitarist and I see no reason why he shouldn't be able to post for a vote of confidence here considering Jemsite is a highly regarded site. I personally do not see it as spam, but rather a serious up incoming guitarist seeking recognition.

Quote:
I am in favour of a self-promotion section,
Yea, totally. This is a musician/guitar site...right? Seems a bit snobbish not to help to promote folks that have the fortitude to go for it

I'm voting for ya Cesar Keep up the good work!!!!

Lastly, as others have said, if you took the time to be a regular member of our community, you'd have possibly had zillions of votes in your favor.

~Rock on guys~
Old 05-01-2008, 04:05 AM

JJEMMER777,

thank you for lending creedance to my claim!! Especially considering that you are a moderator here.

hush
Old 05-01-2008, 04:15 AM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hush View Post
Perhaps, but there are a few factors to consider. Did he know about this forum before I mentioned it to him. Did he opt to invest is online efforts solely at vai.com's message board considering how much time he could consecrate to message boards and given the fact that he did a lot of vai covers?

hush
Your whining, stop it. Life is not fair, get used to it.

Cesar Huesca is great guitar player, and I doubt there are many members here who have not seen at least one of his YouTube videos.

Anyway, good luck Cesar and I hope you become a regular.
Old 05-01-2008, 04:16 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayrton View Post
Your whining, stop it. Life is not fair, get used to it.

Cesar Huesca is great guitar player, and I doubt there are many members here who have not seen at least one of his YouTube videos.

Anyway, good luck Cesar and I hope you become a regular.
Granted. But I wanted to make sure this artist had a fair shake.

Off the cuff, I found his marketing strategy on youtube very effective. A variety of cover by different artists = very effective (search wise).

hush

Last edited by hush; 05-01-2008 at 04:26 AM.
Closed Thread

Show/Hide Posting Rules