<back   Jemsite > Players, People, Music and Tours > Players, Bands, People, Music & Tours

Players, Bands, People, Music & Tours Post news about bands (including yours!), or talk about other music, CDs, DVDs, videos, tours or appearances.

Old 12-03-2012, 03:56 PM

Re: Who is the Guitar's most valuable endorser?

Joe Bonamassa. Has musical pedigree (I really don't get why) and his fans demographic tend to have money to spend.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:20 PM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out Of This Swirled View Post
I don't think I saw Dime written anywhere in this post? Dean have sold thousands of guitars post the tragic shooting of Dimebag. I think Zakk must have sold a load of units too with the bulls eyes for gibson and epiphone. I would think these 2 guys have sold more signature guitars in the past 5 years than most.

When I read a few years back that the jem number 77,777 was being built I have to say I was shocked the number was so low? maybe I was on my own but I just thought that Ibanez had made more than that in the 25+ years of it's production.
Dime's probably not been mentioned because I was getting at which live artist people would look to sign and work with the company. I agree his legacy has probably sold the odd guitar or two
Old 12-07-2012, 07:54 AM
(a)
Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jono View Post
Dime's probably not been mentioned because I was getting at which live artist people would look to sign and work with the company. I agree his legacy has probably sold the odd guitar or two
Sorry Jono, I am still attending reading lessons. lol lets not mention my spelling either.
Old 12-07-2012, 08:27 AM

Reviews: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out Of This Swirled View Post
Sorry Jono, I am still attending reading lessons. lol lets not mention my spelling either.
I wouldn't notice the spelling errors if there were any anyway
Old 12-14-2012, 10:28 AM

There really is no current guitar player who's as influential as Ed was in the late 70's/early 80's or Vai and Yngwie were in the mid80's to early 90's.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:26 AM

Haven't seen this mentioned yet but how many SG's do you think were sold because Zappa/Iommi/Angus play them?
Old 01-21-2013, 04:09 AM

It would be good to have Ibanez/Hoshino support a famous "normal" player, especially someone in the more "pop" genre. Ibbies are in my opinion linked mostly to elite and technically outer space players.

They should get Fred Durst in.

<joke> <-- had to add this
Old 01-21-2013, 04:21 AM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibateur View Post
It would be good to have Ibanez/Hoshino support a famous "normal" player, especially someone in the more "pop" genre. Ibbies are in my opinion linked mostly to elite and technically outer space players.

They should get Fred Durst in.

<joke> <-- had to add this
Bieber has my vote

<joke> <-- had to add this too
Old 01-21-2013, 04:48 AM

I think Bieber is a shredder next to Durst lol
Old 01-21-2013, 05:13 AM

I guess the N4 (and other Nuno variants) are the reason why Washburn is still alive and kicking.I wonder how many N4's have been sold since the early 90's.
Old 01-21-2013, 05:52 AM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Quote:
Originally Posted by iced_ink View Post
I guess the N4 (and other Nuno variants) are the reason why Washburn is still alive and kicking.I wonder how many N4's have been sold since the early 90's.
Almost like nothing compared to how many ibz been sold because of Vai, Satch, PG and so many others.
Old 01-21-2013, 06:05 AM
The Euphor  is online

Didn't see anything about this when skimming through the posts.

Some things I would consider before signing an artist to "my brand":
- Fame factor, how famous is this guitarist?
- How insane would a signature guitar be, are we talking Uli Jon Roth Sky Guitar or a regular strat with polka dots?
- Who would be influenced this guitarist, do they have the kind of money needed to buy the guitar?

I think the actual guitar matters. Look at the different EVH models. The Music Man, loved by many. The Peavey is almost identical, but the Peavey brand is not as strong as MM when it comes to guitars - resulting in poor sales. (I can't prove that, but I've definately seen more MM EVH than Peavey EVH models.)
Old 01-22-2013, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Euphor View Post
Didn't see anything about this when skimming through the posts.

Some things I would consider before signing an artist to "my brand":
- Fame factor, how famous is this guitarist?
- How insane would a signature guitar be, are we talking Uli Jon Roth Sky Guitar or a regular strat with polka dots?
- Who would be influenced this guitarist, do they have the kind of money needed to buy the guitar?

I think the actual guitar matters. Look at the different EVH models. The Music Man, loved by many. The Peavey is almost identical, but the Peavey brand is not as strong as MM when it comes to guitars - resulting in poor sales. (I can't prove that, but I've definately seen more MM EVH than Peavey EVH models.)
Definately the John Petrucci factor.
Old 01-22-2013, 02:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6fingers View Post
Almost like nothing compared to how many ibz been sold because of Vai, Satch, PG and so many others.

That's true but Nuno's models kept Washburn in the light.N4 is the sole the company's (IMO)flagship guitar because of the (unique)design and because of the man.

As far as Ibanez is concerned, they got all the bases covered from jazz to thrash with big name endorsers with signature designs taken from plain vanilla models eg RG, Sabers etc..So I guess name recognition plays a huge factor.Iconic artists=iconic guitar models.
Old 01-22-2013, 03:43 AM
(a)

Reviews: 25

I reckon pop artists like Taylor swift must do well from endorsements...

Last edited by IbanezFreak777; 01-23-2013 at 10:39 AM.

Show/Hide Posting Rules