Hey guys I hve decided to sell my RG Custom as I need to money. It is a one off which I bought from Ishibashi in Japan early this year. As far as I can tell it was made in 1989 and is one of the first RGs ever to feature an all access neck joint which didnt appear on production models till roughly 1993.
The guitar is in great condition for its age and there is still plenty of life left in the frets/no buzzing notes etc. Nothing on the guitar has been modified and everything works properly.
I believe the neck was taken from an RG770 and then cut to fit an AANJ, the body was possibly made in the Sugi factory. You can see in my photos that the neck and pocket markings match correctly. The pocket references H&S but I believe the guitar was assembled in Japan rather than in the states due to it being marked in hiragana.
- Various chips around the edges of the body
- A few dents by the tone knob
- On back of the headstock there is a chip right on the edge
- No obvious dents in the neck
- Cosmo has rubbed off tuners and bridge as normal
- S/N F926245.
- Colour is Trans purple
- Hardware is cosmo black (usual pitting etc)
- Beautiful piece of rosewood for the fretboard (dark+light)
- Sharktooth inlay
- IBZ F2/C2/F2 pickups
- Original edge bridge
- Fretboard binding
Includes soft case (didn't come with hardshell) and whammy bar.
Will be packaged propertly with a ton of bubble wrap and happy to ship with neck off if preferred.
Asking price is $4,000