<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear

Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear Guitar and Gear Classified ads. List your items for sale and/ or trade List items you Want to buy. This topic is heavily moderated and is not for listing JEM/Universe guitars or links to auctions.

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 06:43 PM

FS Les Paul Franken-Studio with piezos & Phat Cats

I took in this guitar as a deposit on one of our Swans. It's a 1991 Gibson Les Paul Studio.

I'm sure it was once a very pretty guitar with gold hardware and an ebony fingerboard, but it's very much a "Players" guitar in every sense. It has lots of superficial wear and tear, knicks and scrapes, but it's structurally sound and plays great. It's also had some really useful modifications.

It has no-name locking tuners (it comes wth the original tuners as well).

The original pickups were replaced with Duncan Phat Cats (humbucker sized P-90's).

Best of all, it has a complete Graph Tech Ghost piezo system with a quick switch and internal preamp with automatic stereo or mono output and a seperate volume and mid-boost for the piezos. The piezos and the Phat Cats are a terrific combination, giving it a great range of usable tones.

I have lots more photos for anyone who's interested.

The price is $875 including shipping in the US. PayPal is welcome with no fee.

I've included a link to a short clip that goes from straight piezo, to piezo/Phat Cat blended, to straight Phat Cat.

http://www.jimsoloway.com/TascamDemos/DesyLP2.mp3

http://jimsoloway.com/Photos/GuitarP...esyLPFront.JPG
Closed Thread

Tags
ebony fingerboard, gibson les paul, gibson les paul studio, les paul, les paul studio, locking tuners, piezo system

Show/Hide Posting Rules