<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear

Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear Guitar and Gear Classified ads. List your items for sale and/ or trade List items you Want to buy. This topic is heavily moderated and is not for listing JEM/Universe guitars or links to auctions.

Old 04-24-2012, 10:12 PM

FT: Ibanez, Parker, EVH, Jackson, and Charvel USA

Alright, so, I'm headed back down south and I need to either sell these guitars, or trade them for new things that can be shipped to my house in Florida. I can't take any of this with me, so its got to go fast (I want to leave ASAP). I do still have the JP7, Washburns, and the Ibanez RGA-420z that are in my other thread as well.

Anyway, don't be afraid to make offers of any nature - just PM or e-mail me: adamofangels@gmail.com

Description: early 90's Jackson USA SL1 Storm Cloud graphic - 9.7/10 condition

I want to say this is a '91, but it could have been made anywhere from '91 to '92, given that it has the Schaller floyd. It also came stock with a Bill Lawrence humbucker in the bridge (apparently, this was an option at the time).

All I can say is, while I don't buy into the pre-Fender hype, this really is the best sounding Jackson I've owned... and, its absurd how clean it is for its age. Actually, its clean for any age. There is one tiny impression on the top, and one light spot under the clear coat right up against the neck by the upper frets. Other than that, there is maybe a couple of tiny light surface scratches, but there's hardly even anything in the way of polishing swirls. This is indeed a rare find, as far as I'm concerned.

Modifications: None

Accessories: Hardshell case, Trem arm

Trade Value: $1500

Pictures:

http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/t...n%20Lightning/

Description: Charvel USA So Cal Blue Flames #12 of 25 - 9.9/10 condition

From what I gather, these were part of a NAMM run and they were all sold pretty quickly. I've only owned one other USA Charvel, but I can honestly say that these are the most badass hot rod super strats around. This one is a lot of fun to play - sounds great, looks great, feels great, etc.

Now, I saw one of these sell in the UK for $2400 or so, and another was recently listed in Florida at $2700. Somebody else told me that one had sold on ebay in the US for $1800. I'm only bringing this up because, since there's only 25 of these, most guys are keeping them captive. So, here's one I'm letting out into the wild, haha.

Accessories: Hardshell case, Trem arm, etc.

Trade Value: $1800

Pictures:

http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/t...Blue%20Flames/

Description: EVH Wolfgang Special Tobacco Burst - 8.8/10 condition

Aside from this guitar, I've had the high end EVH Wolfgang (the one that's like $3200 or something), and, although that one was a bit nicer, I think the Special is a better value. Its essentially the same guitar in pretty much every way, if you ask my ears and hands. These are awesome guitar. I'm not crazy about the headstock on them, but, it has grown on me and now looks normal to my eyes. Otherwise, this thing is GORGEOUS. I don't think the pictures brought much of the top or color to life, but I assure you that its a classy looking guitar.

The guitar isn't mint, but its in good shape. The worst flaw is the paint chip on the back along the trem cavity cover. There's some scratching/buckle rash that's no deeper than the surface of the clearcoat, some light scratches elsewhere, one small dimple on the face, and one or two pin-head sized clear coat dings on the headstock. The fretboard has some dirt too, but that's an easy fix. That sounds like a long list, but, I'm picky and it really isn't bad at all - just figured I'd tell all.

Modifications: Better trem claw, titanium string retainer block on the floyd, volume wired to the tone knob, "volume knob" is just for show

Accessories: Hardshell case, trem arm, original parts

Trade Value: $1100

Pictures:

http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/t...EVH%20Special/

Description: Ibanez SA-260fm Sunburst - 9/10 condition

For a low end Ibanez, this is a sweet guitar. I am, of course, a pretty big fan of Ibanez, but this one plays like a more traditional strat than a typical Ibanez shredder (the neck profile is more C/strat shaped, and the over all tone of the guitar is very clear and stratty, despite being able to handle high gain pretty well)

There's two small chips on the headstock, and some surface scratches/rash on the back. Otherwise, its a beautiful guitar - the color is very hard to capture, buts more of a bright lemon-y color in the middle than what the pictures might lead you to believe.

Accessories: Gig bag

Trade Value: $400

Pictures:

http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/t...fAngels/SA260/

Description: Parker Fly Classic (pre-refined) Dark Green - 8.7/10 condition

I've owned a few Parkers at this point and they've all been consistent, whether they were made during the Ken Parker era or otherwise. This is just another great Parker. The necks and fretboards on these guitars won't lose in many contests with those of other guitars, and to reiterate a point most other Parker players make, its just not reasonable that a guitar this thin and light sounds so big and awesome. That is all.

The color is hard to capture - its a dark green, and therefore shows up as almost black or blue in pictures. Beautiful color, though. This guitar isn't mint, but its not been abused - there's one ugly chip around the input jack (where you just don't see it until you're plugging the guitar in), and some scratching spread around the guitar that you don't see until you turn it up into light, but it is indeed there. I wouldn't call this one a "player grade" guitar according to its condition, but its not a show-piece is all I'm saying.

Accessories: Parker gig bag

Trade Value: $1400

Pictures:

http://s626.photobucket.com/albums/t...assic%20Green/

Feedback: Lots from sevenstring.org, rig talk, harmony central, the gear page, jemsite, etc.

Show/Hide Posting Rules