<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear

Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear Guitar and Gear Classified ads. List your items for sale and/ or trade List items you Want to buy. This topic is heavily moderated and is not for listing JEM/Universe guitars or links to auctions.

Closed Thread

Old 02-01-2008, 12:53 AM

Reviews: 3

Seymour Duncan TB5/GFS 59 FS/FT!!!

I have a Seymour Duncan Custom TB5(bridge) and a GFS 59(neck) up for grabs folks!

Mostly looking for a trade for 7 string pickups...

Here's the pics :

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...ueger/GFS1.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3...rueger/SD2.jpg

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a3.../SDGFSBOTH.jpg

Just like my Schecter 006 Blackjack, had this sold once already on **** & the buyer backed out, so I'm gonna give it a go on here...

This is a super versatile setup that delivers anything from detuned metal to funk and blues.

Pickups are in great shape with about 5 inches of lead on the Duncan & factory length lead on the GFS.

Both pickups are in 100% full working order. Includes screws & springs and wiring diagrams for both pickups.

Those unfamiliar with GFS pickups, these are AMAZING pickups and are great & clear sounding. This particular pickup is a great traditional PAF style pickup and sounds super with the Duncan in the bridge.

Now for the specs...

Here's from the Seymour Duncan site :

application
"P.A.F. on steroids" tone. Used for classic rock, heavy rock, funk, punk, R&B, metal and drop-tunings.

description
Beefed up Patent Applied For tone for a hard-driving, kickin' sound with the right balance of power, sustain, and distortion. This pickup cuts through with a distinctive high end and midrange attack. The ceramic magnet and custom coil design give it compressed dynamics, an enhanced harmonic structure, and a punchy bass. Perfect for dropped tunings without "mushing" out. Comes with four-conductor hookup cable.

complete setup
Recommended for bridge position. Often a Duncan Custom is paired with an SH-1 '59 in the neck for bigger P.A.F. tones in the bridge and vintage-correct P.A.F. tones in the neck.

From the GFS site :

This our most authentic sounding Patent Applied For style pickup- but with the GFS touch- a little hotter, a little warmer, a little fuller- a LOT cheaper! Classic output levels- wound like a good solid set of late 50's PAF's- 8.5-8.8K for the Bridge, 8.0-8.2K for the neck. Vintage construction with classic bobbin shape and size, Formvar 42 gauge enamel wire, Nickel polepieces and adjusting screws- All thoroughly wax impregnated with BEESWAX- Geez- could we give you a better pickup for the money?

We have not only added all of the good vintage stuff, but we've hooked em up two wires inside of the vintage style braided shield cable, for easy Polarity changes! The vintage style baseplate is proudly stamped with the mighty GFS logo- to tell it apart form the sleazy imitators out there.

This is a great pickup- vintage voiced but Big, Bold and VERY warm. I have a set in my '58 Historic, and I can tell you these CAN HANG with the boutique boys. Hey- you don't need to spend $300 for a GREAT set of pickups- trust me on this one. Like all GFS pickups these have noticeably more bottom end than the big name brands. Our signature sound is crisp, clear and REALLY warm. If you own a good tube amp then these are for you.

To check out more info about GFS Pickups go here :

"Vintage 59" Classic Alnico V Zebra Humbucker

Like I mentioned above, Ideally I'm looking for 7 string pickups for trade...

Mostly Duncan & DiMarzio if possible.

As far as $$$, $60 thru Paypal takes both pickups shipped.Sound fair?

Hell...make me an offer...

If you are International, I'll try & ship to you for as low as I can.
I hate those **** dickweeds that try tacking on a ton of "Shipping & Handling" to their auctions.
What you pay for shipping is EXACTLY what it costs for me to ship!

**** feedback is under Mrs-Hagen & I have traded with some of you guys on here before...

Post or PM me with any offers..

Old 02-03-2008, 04:51 AM

Reviews: 3

Re: Seymour Duncan TB5/GFS 59 FS/FT!!!

Lock er' up mods...

Off to "the bay"...
Closed Thread

Tags
bridge position, seymour duncan, seymour duncan custom, string pickup, string pickups, tube amp, wiring diagram

Show/Hide Posting Rules