For Trade UK: Ibanez RG670DX - Jemsite
Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear Guitar and Gear Classified ads. List your items for sale and/ or trade List items you Want to buy. This topic is heavily moderated and is not for listing JEM/Universe guitars or links to auctions.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 03:20 PM Thread Starter

For Trade UK: Ibanez RG670DX

This is really just a feeler to see what people offer up, but I have an Ibanez RG670DX that I may be willing to trade.
It is in player's condition (knocks and dings to the body, discoloured fretboard) but it plays amazingly and there are no problems with functionality to any part of the guitar, only cosmetics.

The only reason that I am considering getting rid of the guitar is because after getting it at the end of 2007 I had it set up (fret level etc) and since then I've played it pretty much 5 times maximum because I like 7 strings and I already have 3 other basswood guitars.
I really like the guitar but its probably better to have one that I would use.

Specs are:

Made in 1994
Basswood body
Maple neck and fretboard with black sharkfin inlays
Lo Pro trem (bad cosmetic condition but works great)
Seymour Duncan JB in the bridge
original singlecoil in the middle
Neck pickup appears to be some kind of Seymour Duncan Parallel Axis Trembucker
AANJ
Gotoh Tuners

I'm looking for guitars with different specs to this one. I don't want another basswood body and I could do without a trem really because I'm too paranoid to use them at gigs.
I like Ibanez guitars and I already have a Les Paul so I don't want one of those.
I like the look of Carvins, especially the Contour 66 but superstrat guitars and XL scale 7 strings will probably get the most attention from me.

I won't ship overseas and would probably prefer not to post at all actually. I would want to meet up and trade the guitars in person.
I live near Leeds.

Thanks,
Chris
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 03:53 PM

Re: For Trade UK: Ibanez RG670DX

There's a gal that posted in the "Other Ibanez Guitars" forum the other day looking for an RG670. Looks like she's in the UK as well.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 04:02 PM

pics?
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-09-2009, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doink View Post
There's a gal that posted in the "Other Ibanez Guitars" forum the other day looking for an RG670. Looks like she's in the UK as well.
I've just had a look and it seems as though she is only wanting to buy, and since I only really want to trade I wouldn't want to get in contact and get her hopes up and then have her be disappointed when I tell her this.

Sorry for the conversation.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2009, 08:44 AM Thread Starter

Ah forgot to say, the guitar comes with a moulded hardcase (I think it is an SKB one) but it has some cracks and breaks in it courtesy of Royal Mail.
It does the job and protects the guitar from breakage, all I would be worried about is that it won't be waterproof anymore.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 10:46 AM

are you willing to sell at all mate?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-15-2009, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

If I was then I really wouldn't know how much to ask and obviously its against the rules to ask for offers so I'm unsure.
I was mainly asking for trades because I thought it would just be easier to swap for something I knew that I would like rather than always wondering if I sold the guitar for the right amount.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 11:37 PM

i dunno man youd have to tell me! work off what you paid for it and only you know that!
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 02-12-2009, 10:03 AM Thread Starter

Bump.
Closed Thread

Tags
ibanez , lo pro , maple , rg670 , seymour duncan

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode