<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear

Classified Ads: Guitars and Gear Guitar and Gear Classified ads. List your items for sale and/ or trade List items you Want to buy. This topic is heavily moderated and is not for listing JEM/Universe guitars or links to auctions.

Closed Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 11:27 PM

USA Custom Graphics!!!! The Great TAorama Sell-Off!!!!

If you wanted a USA Custom, now's the time. I'm moving to Honolulu, and these guitars aren't going with me. I'm listing everything here first. Anything not sold by March 22nd goes to auction.

Please - NO CONVERSATION IN THIS THREAD. If you have questions, PM or EMAIL me. I promise to check them often, and I want the space clear below this ad for updates and clarifications as we go.

READ THIS FIRST!

-Payment is to be via PayPal. No exceptions. I can't wait on checks or money orders.
-Buyer pays ACTUAL shipping and packing for each guitar, to include full insurance for the purchase price.
-I typically ship UPS Ground in the US. ALL GUITARS WILL BE SHIPPED INSURED.
-I will ship overseas, but ONLY after PayPal has cleared your payment and the money is IN MY BANK. NO exceptions. Do NOT ask me to fudge values or customs forms, because I can't do it.
-All sales are FINAL - sold AS-IS. I've tried to take plenty of pics, and the LAST thing I want to do is screw a fellow Jemsiter. But please ask questions and make SURE this is the guitar you want before you send me money, because that's going to be that. With this move, I will just not have time to worry about returns. Insurance claims are a different story. If the guitar shows up broke in half or something, I will go out of my way to help make it right ASAP.
-If you need more pics, I will be MORE than happy to take them for you and send them.
-I will be unable to ship from 3/12 to 3/21. If you buy before 3/10, I'll ship by 3/11. After that, the soonest I could ship would be 3/22. Sorry - just part of my move logistics.

Ready? Here we go....

USAC – “Get it Away!” – Not mint. Not mint at all. Relic’d – the hard way. This one’s got a lot of wear on it. Many dings, scratches, and significant wear on the arm cut. Fretwear’s heavy, and might crown out, but I won’t swear to that. If you want a USAC graphic you can beat up and not feel too guilty, it’d be this one or the Rock N Roll. Standard crack behind the nut, but stable. Plays really nice, but then a working guitar SHOULD. Crappy but functional case. The one thing this guitar has going for it is that this is a pretty uncommon graphic. (I hate to use the word rare, with a few exceptions). Start off your USAC graphic collection on the cheap! $550

http://s792.photobucket.com/albums/y...t%20it%20Away/

USAC – “Chop Shop” – To me, this guitar is the Holy Grail of USA Customs. I hate to use the word “rare” in a classified ad, but this particular graphic is RARE, and one of the most sought after by graphics collectors. I’ve got two, Ko has one, and a guy in Georgia has one. I’m sure there’s a few more buried somewhere, but you almost never see these on the market. This one is in pretty decent shape. A few dings, a little buckle rash (would polish out of you wanted to), but the touch-ups would be easy if you wanted it to be mint-ish. Nothing major. Hardware’s in nice shape, though it does have a BLUE string retainer. Dunno where the hell that came from. I’ll give you a cosmo one if that’s a deal breaker for you. Light fret wear. The case it came in is a USAC case, but clearly has an S-series insert. If you want an RG-specific M100C case, I’ll swap it, but it won’t say “USA Custom” on it. Kills me to part with this one, so it’s pricey if you want it. Might consider knocking a little off if you wanted a standard headstock. I could swap you for the one on my other Chop Shop. $1,600.

http://s792.photobucket.com/albums/yy207/TAorama/CS2/

USAC – “Get Me Out of Here!” – Another uncommon graphic. Only ever seen one or two others. This one’s in pretty good shape. A few small dings. One fair sized chip behind the trem and one on good ding on the back edge. Light fret wear and light wear to the maple board, mostly at the second fret. Rest of the board is very clean. Case is nice, but low-end IBZ. $750

http://s792.photobucket.com/albums/y...t%20of%20Here/

USAC – “Rock N Roll” – A very unusual Pamelina graphic. My bet is this is one of the demo graphics she painted for Ibanez that didn’t get picked for production. So unless someone comes up with another one, I’m gonna say this is it for this one. This one has paid its dues, as is evident by the heavy play wear. Despite the abuse to the body, the neck and frets are in pretty decent shape. Sat in its case for about 6 years after I bought it from Bill’s Music in Baltimore, and its still in tune!!! It’s a beater, but a good player. Generic, beat up case that gives you instant street cred. Case was stenciled “Mike” something and “The Living” something before somebody erased that with spray paint and stickers. Cheap for a USAC. $500

http://s792.photobucket.com/albums/y...ck%20n%20Roll/

USAC – “Green Eyes” – A confirmed by Pamelina one-off demo graphic for Ibanez that was not selected for production. Star Trek fans can pretend it’s T’Pol (with green lips, even) - everyone else can see she’s just another dirty from the 80’s. But I love her anyway. Very clean with just a few dings. Must have been a bedroom guitar, because there is NO buckle rash on the back. She’s got a little boo-boo on her nose (see pic), but that’s the worst of it. Frets are a little funky and could use a polish. Some wear on the bass side. Too many “Enter Sandman “ riffs, probably. I can use the word RARE since it’s a one-off. Pro Deluxe case w/ one busted latch. Hard to price this one. $900?

http://s792.photobucket.com/albums/y.../Green%20Eyes/

USAC – “Metal Web” – RARE! Yeah, I said it. Rare. Clean but with a couple of dings. No rash anywhere. Very little fret wear. Reverse headstock and the coil-tap switch. A very sweet Pamelina. Be the only one on your continent to own one. USA Custom M100C case. $1,000

http://s792.photobucket.com/albums/y...a/Metal%20Web/

USAC – “Street Wise” – Love this graphic. Very nice condition, but the clear is a little foggy. Looks like it was re-cleared at some point. Decent job, but maybe a little polish to clear it up? Tried to catch some reflection so you can see what I mean. You don’t notice unless you’re right on top of it. Some fret wear, but probably not ready for new frets. Some oxidation on trem and cosmo hardware. USA Custom M100C case w/ 2 repaired latches $600

http://s792.photobucket.com/albums/y...Street%20Wise/

USAC – “Confetti” – Painted by Mike Lipe at the USA Custom Shop. Lipe himself states this is the only USA Custom to receive this paint job. Similar to the paint on Rocky George’s old LACS, but in pinks and purples. Don’t know what the real name of the design is, but it LOOKS like confetti. Damn near perfect shape except for a hairline crack from one of the nut bolt holes to the scarf joint. Repaired and stable, but it’s there. Body is minty. Very light fret wear, with only the slightest wear to the maple on the 2nd fret ONLY. M100C case. A 1 of 1 guitar. $600

http://s792.photobucket.com/albums/y...rama/Confetti/

USAC – “Digital Madness” – Very uncommon. I’ve only seen one other on the market since I started collecting. Simple, but very cool. And it’s in EXCELLENT shape. A few surface blems, but the edges are very clean. A small chip at the tip of the headstock (see pic). Some wear on the cosmo Edge, but not much oxidation at all. This thing is in great shape for 20 years old Frets show very light, even wear. Nice! Decent Ibanez hard case. $900

http://s792.photobucket.com/albums/y...tal%20Madness/

USAC – “Serpent” – If you like the snakeskins, this is the one. This guitar is one TINY mark on the side by the strap pin away from perfect (see pic). Frets show some light even wear, but the rest of the guitar looks perfect. AND, it’s a reverse headstock with the RARE (yeah, I said it) F3 Triple Coil pickup at the bridge. Good luck finding that combo. Trem shows almost no wear. The perfect Serpent. With non-original but serviceable hard case. $900

http://s792.photobucket.com/albums/y...orama/Serpent/

USAC – “Chopper” – A very cool graphic. This one’s in really decent shape. A few clear-coat dings, but nothing to wood. Heavy bubbling on the bass side of the Edge, normal wear elsewhere. No buckle rash. Frets do show some wear. In a really nice UV1000C case. $725

http://s792.photobucket.com/albums/y...orama/Chopper/

USAC – “Silver Snake” – This one’s almost as nice as the other snakeskin I have. Finish is CHERRY except for one TINY edge blem by the tone knob (see pic). Has the EMG pickup package. A couple of small impressions on the back of the neck (SMALL!). Some fret and cosmo wear. With non-original Ibanez hard case. $850

http://s792.photobucket.com/albums/y...ilver%20Snake/

USAC – “Last Cigarette” – Nice shape. Non-original neck, though it is an RG770 neck which is essentially the same thing. USA Custom logo added to the original Ibanez logo to make it look right! No dings in the clear. Pots are non-original. Hardware’s black and in good shape. Frets show wear obviously not consistent with the body. Comes with non-original hard case. $550.

http://s792.photobucket.com/albums/y...t%20Cigarette/

USAC – “Trick or Treat” – One of the coolest graphics EVER! This one’s got a few dings, but it’s still a classic. A definite player, there’s some fret wear and some light discoloration on the back of the neck. Neck also has the “S” stamp on the back. Has the coil tap option. Some oxidation on the cosmo trem, and a Seymour Duncan pickup at the bridge. M100C Pro Deluxe case. $950

http://s792.photobucket.com/albums/y...%20or%20Treat/

More guitars in another thread...
Old 03-08-2010, 11:27 PM

Re: USA Custom Graphics!!!! The Great TAorama Sell-Off!!!!

Trick or Treat, Last Cigarette, Street Wise, and Get it Away are on hold.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:49 PM
Boombatty
This message has been deleted by moebius. Reason: No conversation in the classifieds.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:29 AM

Also available:

USAC – “Strung Out” – My most recent purchase. In extremely nice shape. Only a couple of dings, one light scratch on the top horn (see pic) and one mark on the back. The scratch on the front is highlighted in the photo with the lighting, but it’s very light. This is a nice one, and one of the more limited graphics. USAC case. $1100

http://s792.photobucket.com/albums/y.../Strung%20Out/
Old 03-09-2010, 04:02 AM

Chopper for meeeeeee!!!
P.M sent .
Old 03-09-2010, 07:45 AM

Chopper is on hold for GQ!

Guys, please don't post in here telling me you've PM'd or for other comments. I'm trying to keep the thread tidy for sales and hold updates only. I'll be checking PM's regularly and checking email as well. Sales will be honored by who gets their requests to me first (with the ability to pay, naturally), I promise. I will hold pending payment for 48 hours, but I can't hold indefinitely without full payment.

Thanks!!
Old 03-09-2010, 07:59 AM

I'll take the Street Wise. PM sent !!
Old 03-09-2010, 04:47 PM

Reviews: 11

I'll take get it away. Sending PM!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:26 PM

Make sure and check ALL the holds before you post. I'm happy to put you on an alternate list if you'll just send me a PM. Sometimes things work out for you!
Old 03-10-2010, 01:41 AM

I know I'm supposed to keep conversation to a minimum, but rather than chase down everyone that ends up with these, I figured it'd be easier to just add this.

I noticed that some of these guitars have IBZ/USA F3 pickups. If anyone that ends up with these wants to swap those out for something else, I'd be very interested in purchasing the F3 pickups.
Old 03-10-2010, 10:27 AM
muttznmongrelz
This message has been deleted by moebius. Reason: No conversation in the classifieds.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:52 AM

Guys, let me state for the record, I can NOT falsify customs records when shipping to other countries. I'm sorry you have issues importing items to your countries, but in my situation it would be unethical for me to do so, and that's all I'm going to say about that.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:23 PM

Serpent is on HOLD!
Old 03-14-2010, 01:15 PM

Any actual sales take place ??
Old 03-14-2010, 01:38 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAorama View Post
... and that's all I'm going to say about that.
Thanks Forrest j/k

You may wish to put up an updated list of what's left; it may make it easier for people to know what's still available.
Old 03-14-2010, 07:03 PM
(a)

Reviews: 25

Well I have already paid for Trick or Treat, Last Cigarette, Street Wise, and Get it Away I know I know, my wife is going to kill me :P
Old 03-14-2010, 08:05 PM
(a)

the 'Serpent' on HOLD is for me! I will pay very soon... I only wait a reply from Andy about payment method for paying him.

Andyyy!!! reply my pm, pleeease!!!
Closed Thread

Show/Hide Posting Rules