<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk

Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

Closed Thread

Old 12-26-2011, 12:19 PM

Reviews: 1

Re: Alaskabat, Where is my stuff?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamm'n Jimmy View Post
Really? Please read the other call out post on Bat, Sho has talked to bat, prior to this thread.
I read the thread, I don't see where it says that Sho is in phone contact with Alaskabat. I do see where he says

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sho View Post
I have his phone number. I find it harasment to phone/text with out permission for myself.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:47 PM

I've got to side with Sho on this one. Regardless of how respected someone might be on this site, if they're utterly flaky, other people on the site should know. The fact that Rob is such a respected member would make a lot of people to business with him unquestioningly. If people don't post their unfiltered experiences here, then others might have the same issues.

The bottom line is that Sho paid him for a guitar two months ago and still hasn't received it. In that time, Rob has posted four NGD threads. So he had time to unpack all those guitars, take pictures and post about them but not ship out a guitar to Sho? With all those guitars coming in, you can't even use the excuse that you don't have appropriate packaging.

Perhaps my perspective is skewed because I live in the middle of a city and a block from a post office, but I still think that if you want to command unquestioned trust and respect from a community, you have to hold up your end of the bargain 100% of the time.
Old 12-26-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Takin' a Ride View Post
I've got to side with Sho on this one. Regardless of how respected someone might be on this site, if they're utterly flaky, other people on the site should know. The fact that Rob is such a respected member would make a lot of people to business with him unquestioningly. If people don't post their unfiltered experiences here, then others might have the same issues.

The bottom line is that Sho paid him for a guitar two months ago and still hasn't received it. In that time, Rob has posted four NGD threads. So he had time to unpack all those guitars, take pictures and post about them but not ship out a guitar to Sho? With all those guitars coming in, you can't even use the excuse that you don't have appropriate packaging.

Perhaps my perspective is skewed because I live in the middle of a city and a block from a post office, but I still think that if you want to command unquestioned trust and respect from a community, you have to hold up your end of the bargain 100% of the time.
I'm not taking any sides on this one, what I have issue with is the fact that Sho seems to be spending all his time posting here but doesnt seem willing to pursue the most logical way of resolving this situation himself.

Alaskabat needs to resolve this ASAP agreed, but we don't need to hear each inactive step Sho takes... Over 25% of Sho's total number of posts are public messages about how he hasn't got his guitar yet. Very few of them seem to be about positive steps he is taking.

Sho, I hope you get your guitar soon I really do, we all know you're waiting for it but it's worth saying that this whole matter is not being handled in the best fashion. We know you don't have your guitar, (there are two separate thrreads telling the tale) but please, do everything you can to get this sorted, and then post about it.
Old 12-26-2011, 06:33 PM

Fricken' right it hasn't been handled in the best fashion - BY ALASKABAT. This man has paid for a guitar which he should by all rights have in his possession. It doesn't take 2 months to get any item across the border. He's been ripped off pure and simple by another internet predator "respected member" my ass. DISGUSTING!!!
Old 12-26-2011, 07:59 PM

He replied via email. Saying I was being harsh. And tone it down. I'm mad what you expect? I did "tone" it down guess what he's back to ignoring me.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:01 PM

From my perspective as a some times retailer and full time customer service provider.

If you have the mans number then for gods sake call him. I know you may be reluctant to speak to him because you are upset and don't want to start screaming if the conversation does not go your way, $600 is a lot of money. But at this point you need to make that call. That right there might clear it up. There are any number of reasons why you have not have received your purchases, and a few of them are legitimate, you may just get your guitar and a partial refund to make up for the bad service (thats what I would do were I in his shoes). If nothing else you let the other party know you are not going to sit passively on your ass while you are taken advantage of.

That said, it should have been shipped out to you within a week if you paid for it. What method did you pay with? A Google wallet? File a claim, though by waiting two months you very well could have exceeded the time frame for contesting a transaction. I never would have waited as long as you have, consider this a lesson for the future.

And seeing as how the transaction was initiated here at jemsite, and the seller is not responding to the established form of communication used to conduct the sale and arrange payment, attempting to contact AB through here does not seem like an unreasonable attempt at rectifying the situation. His only other recourse is legal, and at this point he really has no obligation to try bend over backwards to contact the seller. His obligations appear to have been met (assuming he really did pay AB for the items), and now it is time for fulfillment of his portion of the transaction to be reciprocated. Better a notice bulletin tacked to a tree than an arrest warrant for fraud right guys?

Good luck, I hope it works out well for all involved.
Old 12-26-2011, 09:14 PM

I don't know what you guys are talking about. I've been in contact with him. Every time I got the same excuse over and over, the neighbors are still missing I'll give you info when they're back. I started pushing him to do something about it. Then he ignored my emails, because I'm being "harsh" He decided to contact me once. Just to give me the same excuse I been hearing over a month and that I'm being harsh and need to tone it down. I did "tone" it down and now he's ignoring me again. If he's giving me the same excuse over and over via email, what is going to make phoning him better?

What do you want me to do? Fly there and confront him in person? I filed a claim with google wallet. That's all I can do. The main point of this thread is a call out for everyone to see.

His neighbors have been missing since November 21st. Why wouldn't he go to the police to see what's wrong. If my neighbors disappeared for over a month with out moving, I'd go to the police. Heck I'd do it sooner, you may save their lives if they are in danger.

Missing neighbors for a month with out filing a missing persons report is a bit fishy to me. You say this is out of his hands? He could of got their contact info. If you trust your neighbors, your responsible for their mistakes or issues.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:18 PM

Reviews: 12
Red face

Quote:
Missing neighbors for a month with out filing a missing persons report is a bit fishy to me. You say this is out of his hands? He could of got their contact info. If you trust your neighbors, your responsible for their mistakes or issues.
I agree with that 100%, at this point, just get your money back through the claim and be done...
Old 12-26-2011, 10:21 PM

anyone else fail to notice this has been an on going trend with him lately, this is the second thread I seen where people have to wait forever for stuff.

This is a huge red flag and it should be waved high for everyone to see.

Just because your respected doesnt mean you cant screw someone over.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:37 PM
psychoshredder  is online

If I trust my neighbour to ship out my items, if by any case they are dissapeared. It's between me and the neighbour. I will not make my buyer keep waiting for it, maybe offer a refund or other guitar with same value..whatever.
the point is it's between me and the neighbour, it has nothing to do with the buyer who already paid for it. the buyer deserved to get first priority to get his/her rights.

so from the beginning , it's already went wrong.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:49 PM

I just want to know where it is. If it hasn't left Alaska or got lost I just want my money.

I did do the claim, I didn't want to do it but i had to. If the guitar does get to me and I am refunded before hand and I had to buy another guitar due to wait time, I'll keep it till for legal time US or Canada which ever is longer. In that time he can pay to ship it back to him. I'm not repaying for it, I take $20-30 hit each time due to conversion that the banks take. That's 20 first time, 20 for the refund and 20 rebuy. I'm not spending at least $60 for someone else screw up. Unless he's willing to take the hit with me sending Canadian funds at wall street conversion. For the all the problems I may not do the rebuy. I honestly doubt it. I shouldn't take any hits at all.

It's already been over a month, so my hopes aren't that high of seeing it. If he was more professional about this, this would never of happened.

Last edited by Sho; 12-26-2011 at 10:55 PM.
Old 12-26-2011, 11:29 PM
(a)

Reviews: 2

I tried to call Rob this evening......I got his voice mail. I'd bet my last dollar that if he hears the VM he'll call me back. I know nobody cares, but I'm truly worried about him. Regardless of this transaction, Rob would never completely disappear without there being something SERIOUSLY wrong......more serious than a missing/un-shipped guitar. He hasn't been on any of his private sites recently either.

If he does contact me, I'll be sure to direct him here

Old 12-26-2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
He replied via email. Saying I was being harsh. And tone it down. I'm mad what you expect? I did "tone" it down guess what he's back to ignoring me.
So just to clarify on this e-mail, he said that you were being harsh and told you to "tone it down". Does that imply he has seen this thread or was he referring to other contact you've had with him?

Also, was that all he said in the e-mail?
Old 12-26-2011, 11:34 PM

And when was this?
Old 12-26-2011, 11:45 PM
Banned

Reviews: 64

Alaskabat just told me he can't give SHO info he wants right now.
That's why I never give my money to strangers even if they're respected members of stupid forums or if it's God himself.
When you give money to strangers you take the risk of never seeing it again.
I know it's not what's happening here, as soon as Alaska would be able to give him that info, he'll do it.
Alaska already told you SEVERAL TIMES he can't give you that info NOW and it's not his fault so the only thing you can do is sit and wait.
What do you want him to do?
Get out of his military duty and be hunted by the FBI?(according to the euphor? )
He's not a kid so he's not stealing those stupid 600 dollars to buy a video game, his duties don't let him get that info and send you.
Nothing more.
And no, I don't take sides, I'm just sharing info.

PS- RYC he's good but like I said, doing big men stuff
Closed Thread

Tags
alaskabat

Show/Hide Posting Rules