<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk

Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

Old 11-13-2012, 03:35 AM

Don't buy from ELECTRICEARCANDY/Rob Tipton - Scam

Hey guys -

There was a thread here earlier that I stumbled upon tonight. I wish I would have earlier and saved myself the headache. Long story short - I was searching for a Jem 777SSK and came across a listing on iOffer. I made what I thought was a good, safe transaction with ELECTRICEARCANDY/Rob Tipton to purchase the guitar.

I used PayPal and backed up with American Express to protect myself but needless to say the guitar never arrived, nor did I get shipping confirmation or anything. The seller Rob replied for a couple days, I assume to keep me at bay while he continued to scam people through iOffer.

Unfortunately iOffer isn't quite as good as ebay with feedback and tools to ensure buyer safety but they will send you nice emails asking if you received your product. Just when you contact them they will say they have nothing to do with it lol. Talk about a perfect scam site.

Anyways, I hope this Rob Tipton isn't Alaskabat and isn't ripping off honest people. If it is, he's a real 'richard'.

With that said, between paypal and amex, I'm sure they'll be interested in putting an end to the fraud as well. From the other thread I read here, the seller did add a VDY, and would you believe a perfect LNG and at a steal of a price. When that went up, and I still had no VSK, I was sure of the scam.

You may ask why I waited for a shipping number for over a week? Well apparently they had some real dad weather in Texas that week Even though my iphone said it was 85-90 and sunny the entire week lol

I will say the guy even replied to the pay pal investigation, and then just poofed. Be careful out there, don't get burned.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:03 AM

Reviews: 1

Re: Don't buy from ELECTRICEARCANDY/Rob Tipton - Scam

Taggin....

Last edited by Jamm'n Jimmy; 11-13-2012 at 05:40 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:09 AM
Banned

Reviews: 64

It's not Alaskabat.
He already said it some time ago when another member dealt with that criminal too.

For those who care about him =
Right now he's at the hospital making a lot of scans trying to find what's his problem.
Doctors will even try sleepy study.
He's away from tv and computer, sometimes he sends emails, that's it.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:04 AM

Can you post pics of the guitars so we can be aware if the same pics pop up under another add?
Old 11-13-2012, 12:34 PM

Here is the 777SK I never got the thing also is it was described with 2 dings, and I requested pictures of them and he had pictures of the dings, we went back and forth a bit...then nothing, he's gone from ioffer, maybe I'll email him offline and ask him how shipping is coming along hahahaha

Old 11-13-2012, 12:36 PM

He had numerous pics of the SSK up...he 'sold' this vdy for like $1200 right before I bought mine...
Old 11-13-2012, 12:41 PM

Sorry the following pictures are small, but since he deactivated his account they don't exist when you click in anymore....BFP, FP, and the LNG he posted after I bought my SSK for about 2,700, an LNG for 2700 with a palm rest I believe...if he would have had that up just a little bit sooner he could have taken my 1965 for the ssk and 2700

Old 11-13-2012, 05:16 PM

Reviews: 120

Yeah, I doubt this is AlaskaBat. He's not in a good shape health wise. Besides, it was proved that someone stole his identity a while back.
Old 11-13-2012, 05:20 PM

It is good to see the pics just in case they show up somewhere else in a different ad.
Old 11-13-2012, 08:29 PM

Reviews: 2

Always thought iOffer looks so bad, but i have mostly seen china made copies there, might be different ioffers,don't know. Hope you get your money back.
Old 01-11-2014, 10:50 PM
(a)

Rob Tipton of Cypress/Houston, Texas is still ripping people off. He has been banned from other web sites such as Ultimate Guitar. He posts as "avianoguitarist" and "alaskaguitarist" around the web. "avianoguitarist" is his username on the official Ibanez web site forums. Don't fall for his scams. He promises the world and delivers nothing.

http://forum.ibanez.com/yaf_search.aspx#0|5

It makes me sick that he has such guts as to act like an upstanding member of the music enthusiasts community (helping people in posts, posting reviews, etc.) and rips off musicians on Jemsite, CL, etc.

He is also a science fiction fan (Battlestar Galactica, movie props) and is a member of other forums that are not music related. I wouln't be surprised if he steals from them too.

Last edited by Metal-Box; 01-11-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:08 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonePhantom View Post
Yeah, I doubt this is AlaskaBat. He's not in a good shape health wise. Besides, it was proved that someone stole his identity a while back.
He is the king of excuses and BS. Believe me, he is alive and well and continuing to rip people off. However, he is about to find out his luck is about to run out.
Old 01-15-2014, 10:22 PM
(a)

Reviews: 2

I fear this will never end...............

FWIW....... anybody that still doesn't think this is OUR Alaskabat is fooling themselves.

I hope you get REAL justice Metal-Box. A thief belongs in jail.........

Old 01-15-2014, 11:01 PM
(a)

Angry

Seriously, if anyone thinks Rob Tipton of Cypress, Texas and formerly of Palmer, Alaska is not behind this, they are in denial.

He does this all over the web. He is banned for the same thing too.

He keeps selling the same guitars over and over. He has been banned a couple times that I know of on Ultimate Guitar.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/AlaskaGuitarist/

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/AvianoGuitarist/

Here are some of the other guitars he is "selling" on CL as of this posting:

And here is his mug if you happen to see him:

He posts on forums on how not to get scammed whilst scamming the same people. How ballsy is that?

All of these pics were readily available on the internet. He is so brazen, he thinks nobody can touch him. However, he is wrong. The police and USPS have him on their radar, to put it mildly.

If you have been taken, even for parts or just $5, call the Houston Police Department and file a report 713-884-3131.

They *will* talk to you. They have an entire fraud department that deals with this very thing. I spoke with a very nice officer who accepted the report I filed from my home town.

Last edited by Metal-Box; 01-15-2014 at 11:07 PM. Reason: typos
Old 01-15-2014, 11:08 PM
(a)

Oh, and here is the guitar I thought I bought from him:

Show/Hide Posting Rules