<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk

Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

Old 11-27-2012, 02:02 AM

electricearcandy - update - scammer

Guys -

Please beware when dealing with this guy, by beware, I mean DON'T deal with this guy. I'm safe, I used PayPal and my American Express and didn't have to pay because a guitar NEVER EVER showed up. If the 777 SK ever came to me, I would have been thrilled and showing her off. This guy is a complete douche, scammer, he has opened his iOffer account again and is offering the same Jem's minus the 777 SK. He finally surfaced and left an update that I received a refund....The last communication he sent me was on 9/24. Today he left this which was hysterical!!! Be careful out there....the only scammer was him.

"Dispute Replied The buyer received a full refund via PayPal. I'm out the guitar and the funds now--double whammy! This is the very reason that I only wanted to do business with not only registered members, but also members with a history of purchasing or selling on ioffer. Too many unregistered (or newly registered) people come here, make a purchase then try to scam the system."
Old 11-27-2012, 02:14 AM
Vendor

Re: electricearcandy - update - scammer

These are such obvious cons I'm amazed you went as far as to pay. NEVER make a significant purchase until the seller proves without doubt they are in possession of what you intend to buy. That doesn't mean it still can't end badly, but 99.999% of cons are selling air and a dream.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:49 AM

lol Rich, the auctions up right now are shady. The one for the SK was really no different than a *bay auction, it had multiple pictures, when I asked to see the dings on the guitar, he emailed me more pictures. We went back and forth a bit, he didn't hesitate to take paypal, so at the end of the day, it wasn't fishy at all for me until the payment cleared and he suddenly was dealing with weather and issues with the site.

I think it's a roll of the dice buying from a non music store on line, but as long as pay pal and a credit card back me up, I can take the gamble. I just want people to know here, since some people still send money orders or wire.
Old 11-27-2012, 12:18 PM
Vendor

All they have to do is send you a box of rocks and you'll find it alot more difficult to get Paypal to reverse the charge.
Old 11-27-2012, 05:00 PM

Reviews: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
All they have to do is send you a box of rocks and you'll find it alot more difficult to get Paypal to reverse the charge.
thats when you buy a jem on ebay from some one else and file a claim and ship a box of rocks back to that guy .while you have the jem neatly packed in a box of ( CHARGE IT TO THE GAME). and that guy would have to do it to someone else until eternity.lololololol

Not saying i would do that but its possible.

Show/Hide Posting Rules