IS THIS A FAKE JEM/UV??... here (& only here) is where to ask & discuss - Page 7 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 1400 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 01:22 PM

Re: Misrepresented & FAKE COPY JEM7s on e-bay or local stores - Made in China

Y'know, I should buy a shedload of Encore strat copies, put a Fender decal on them, whack them on e bay with postage at £200 and label them "Amazing, wonderful, Fender Les Paul, electricity guitar"

Watch the £££'s roll in...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 1400 (permalink) Old 03-10-2006, 10:48 PM

Nevermind -

Last edited by brentm; 03-10-2006 at 11:23 PM.
post #93 of 1400 (permalink) Old 03-11-2006, 12:26 AM

http://auction1.taobao.com/auction/2...f67537ae.jhtml

Check that site out
The lastest copy version features a 05/ 06 3 piece neck from Team J
and teh scalopped frets from 21 - 24
all for the price of $1800 China Dollar
post #94 of 1400 (permalink) Old 03-12-2006, 10:56 PM

How do you know that's fake, aside from Chinese origin?
post #95 of 1400 (permalink) Old 03-13-2006, 08:32 PM

Wow. I just read the **** thread, and have to say, Go Rich. Good try to talk some sense into some of those **** buyers and even if you only save a few, it made a difference.

Isn't it the old adage that goes "you can lead a man to reason but you can't make him think?"
post #96 of 1400 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 12:23 AM

Hey, if they can do it with a Jem, why not a Ferrari Enzo for $999 plus $20,000 shipping? I mean, I certainly will believe it's a real deal and go for it.
post #97 of 1400 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 05:01 AM

I just saw one of those fancy JEM copies on dbay here in the UK. It was very close, the trem was standard floyd thought, it had "7VWH" on the back of the headstock, nice addition though was pearloid pickup covers!

had the scalloped frets, if they did one with an ebony fingerboard I would be tempted purely as a gigging guitar (after complete electrics replacement) after all from a distance know one will know and you won't be distraught if it gets beat up in the band bus!

There is a company called "WoodyCustom" selling another variant on the uk site which does not have the tiger claw routing but seems to have a very accurate edge2 clone...

The bottom line of course, is the quality of wood and tone is laughable comapred to a real JEM so why we even considering it???
post #98 of 1400 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 09:40 AM

Funny how the human mind works. JEM guitars (at least my JEM) doesn't say JEM7VWH on the back of the headstock. I believe the latest to come out of Ibanez simply has JCRAFT stamped on the back. They also have Gotoh branded tuners, not Ibanez. The copy trem is a screw in tremolo arm (at least what I've seen). Somehow, the more Ibanez is written on the guitar, the more authentic it becomes to those who have no point of reference.

Who knows what kind of wood they're using. The grain on the back of the neck looks funky. Is it Pacific Northwest pine? Who knows.

Yeah, GuitarAkuma - I've heard of folks considering buying a copy then upgrading the hardware. But you have to wonder if that is being penny wise and pound foolish. At the end of the day, it's still a knock off and probably has more in parts than the guitar is worth.
post #99 of 1400 (permalink) Old 03-14-2006, 11:05 AM

The only thing I'd buy one for is to start a barbecue.
post #100 of 1400 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 05:19 AM

As the old saying goes "if you have to mod it, it ain't a good guitar" I was tempted but there are more important things to spend money on like the up and coming anniversary JEM
post #101 of 1400 (permalink) Old 03-15-2006, 11:37 PM

they aren't just scamming JEMs, they are also scaming Prestige RGs.

lol I almost fell for one cause the price was too good to be true.

Now, they don't even mention the name or model in the descriptions or the titles, probably just to cover their asses if they get reported. "hey I didn't say this is a JEM, I only said it's an exquisite guitar." LOL
post #102 of 1400 (permalink) Old 03-19-2006, 10:45 PM

I just thought that I would point out the fact that although the original buyer of the guitar that started this thread has screamed "FRUAD" and has said that he got his money back from the scammer. He left possitive feedback for the seller.

Are they possibly working together, and if not, why make such a big deal, and then leave possitive feedback?

Just checking.
post #103 of 1400 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 08:35 AM

Reviews: 25

Just log into your E -- BAY account and when you find a fake Ibanez, you scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the link that says report this item as fake, Its most satisfying and E -- BAY usually investigates it and removes the item from E -- BAY
You all should do it, to put these fraudulant farcks out of business and keep the value of our real Ibanez's intact

p.s. mind you this is a legitimate feature of E -- BAY and is part of E -- BAY 's way of catching illegal activity on E -- BAY .... go on try it youl like it....
post #104 of 1400 (permalink) Old 03-24-2006, 08:49 AM

i couldnt find any link on the page letting me report fakes, as much as i want to.
post #105 of 1400 (permalink) Old 03-27-2006, 07:13 PM

Ummmm I think I've found another one. This may or may not have all ready been mentioned,,,but Evil bay auction number 7401318077,,,, leaves me scratching my head, the neck doesn't look right, the monkey grip looks wrong, this thing smells fake to me. Take a look at it. Seller is claiming it's an '06 but the Serial number states 02. I may be wrong but something just doesn't look right with this one.
~A

Tags
acoustic guitar , angled jack , cavity cover , charvel evh , charvel evh art , charvel evh art series , dimarzio pickup , dimarzio pickups , double neck , ebony fingerboard , electric guitar , evh art series , fake , fender strat , floyd rose , floyd rose bridge , gold knobs , gold trem , gotoh tuners , guitar shop , ibanez dealer , ibanez guitars , ibanez jem , ibanez trem , jem vwh , korean guitar , les paul , les pauls , locking nut , monkey grip , pickup cover , production model , recessed trem , retainer bar , rich warlock , scalloped frets , scratch plate , steve vai , tremolo arm , tremolo bridge , trs bridge , truss cover , truss rod , truss rod cover , verify

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode