Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Heads up - Patrick Sims was in a car accident last night.

17K views 127 replies 60 participants last post by  waylay00 
#1 ·
Patrick Sims, of Sims Custom Shop, was in a bad car accident last night. His girlfriend called me this afternoon because has was scheduled to finish working on one of my guitars in the next few days and that now it would obviously be delayed.

He's doing OK at home today. He's got a bump on his head, having a little trouble walking, and he's on meds. Patrick is scheduled to go back to the hospital in a few days to make sure he's doing OK. The accident was bad enough to total his car.

So, if Patrick is doing some work for you right now, expect a delay of at least a few days. The same is true if you're trying to communicate with him via e-mail or phone. Just be patient.

I'll post more info when and if I receive it, assuming of course that Patrick doesn't give us an update himself.

BTW, I'm posting this because Patrick, via his girlfriend, asked me to.

#36 ·
UPDATE: I just got off the phone with Patrick and he's doing much better. The swelling on his head and knees has gone done a lot. He's finding it a bit easier to walk now. His ribs are still a bit sore but they're not hurting as much as they were. He said that if continues to heal at the same rate he has been, he expects to start working, albeit on a reduced schedule, some time next week. As you can imagine, one has to take it easy after being through an accident like this.

Patrick also sent me an e-mail today and asked me to post the pictures he attached. The pictures will give you an indication of how severe the collision was.

#42 · (Edited)
Hey guys. Thanks for all the comments and prayers. I was hurt really bad. It knocked me out and I was unconcious for about 7 or 8 minutes. I had a concussion (sp?) and some serious swelling on my face, mostly forehead where my head hit either the ceiling or windshield. I also had some bad cuts and abrasions on my forehead, right hand and left knee. My right hand was really swolen, the swelling is going down, but its starting to bruise bad.....the cuts will probably take a few more weeks to totally heal. I must of hit my knees hard on the dash b/c both are swolen, although the swelling is starting to go down, but it makes it difficult to walk without a bad limp, and if I stand for longer than 10 or 15 mins they start getting tight and swell a little bit. The most serious thing however which has not been stated on here is before I left the emergency room they did a CT scan.....well they found a mass on my brain in the left lobe. So this week has been pretty hectic making appointments to meet with neurologists and radiologists. I just had two different types of MRI's done today, I hope to get the results tomorrow and possibly talk with a neurologist about what the MRI showed as soon as possible.....I hope tomorrow, but I don't know if thats just wishful thinking.....it could be sometime next week before a neurologist has time to look at the results of the MRI and let me know if its something serious or something thats not and can just be treated with drugs. The good news is they said it showed some calcification......which means it wasn't accident related they don't think and its something I have had for quite some time.....the reason I say thats good news is I haven't had any problems, headaches, etc......they called it an "accidental find" had it not been for the accident I wouldn't have known I even had it.....so hopefully since I've evidentally had it a while its nothing serious, or something we can treat since we caught it early.

At any rate, I hope to get started next week back doing some work granted that all goes well and the swelling in my knees goes down. I will keep all you updated as I find out more stuff. Please continue to keep me in your prayers.

Thanks again everybody,

Patrick

#43 ·
Oh wow!

Never good when you are messing with the brain. I hope everything turns out okay and wishing you the best, Patrick;)

Don't worry bout the work part man. Take the time to take care of yourself. If you don't have yourself, the work part doesn't matter anyhow;) I'm sure EVERYONE will understand!

Nice to see you back on the site:)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.