Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Heads up - Patrick Sims was in a car accident last night.

17K views 127 replies 60 participants last post by  waylay00 
#1 ·
Patrick Sims, of Sims Custom Shop, was in a bad car accident last night. His girlfriend called me this afternoon because has was scheduled to finish working on one of my guitars in the next few days and that now it would obviously be delayed.

He's doing OK at home today. He's got a bump on his head, having a little trouble walking, and he's on meds. Patrick is scheduled to go back to the hospital in a few days to make sure he's doing OK. The accident was bad enough to total his car.

So, if Patrick is doing some work for you right now, expect a delay of at least a few days. The same is true if you're trying to communicate with him via e-mail or phone. Just be patient.

I'll post more info when and if I receive it, assuming of course that Patrick doesn't give us an update himself.

BTW, I'm posting this because Patrick, via his girlfriend, asked me to.

#85 ·
They say you can tell alot about a person by the company they keep. Being new here and reading thorough these posts I'm finding out alot about the folks here. Your art has obviously touched lots of lives, both through the guitars themselves and the music they are used to create. Their appreciation for your dedication says volumes. It's heart-warming to see so many people in your corner when you need them. Truly awe-inspiring, to be quite honest.

Keep faith. God be with you, brother.

#89 · (Edited)
Dragsternj, I appologize for not getting back to you sooner, as well as several others. However I did respond to e-mails of yours prior to my wreck, which was on 2-10-2007. I have PM's written to you on 1-29-2007, and then two on 2-06-07, 4 days before my wreck. If you have written me an e-mail since my accident and haven't gotten a response then its b/c I haven't gotten that far yet, please keep in mind your not the only person who has written me wanting an update on the status of your guitar. Rest assure nobodies e-mails have been deleted and everybody will receive the status on their guitars, some already have, but I still have about 43 e-mails to respond to, to be exact. I don't know the exact day I will be able to ship yours but I assure you yours will be shipped before my surgery, which is the 19th. So will pancea's UV, and Buddroyce's 570, who also have guitars that are completed. Could be next week, but currently I don't have a vehicle and am having to have family and friends to take me places. I promise you, getting your guitars out are high on my priority list....right under my health, Dr visits, Hospital visits & MRI's. I have had very little time for anything else the last 3 weeks or so. Don't worry, I'm not in the business of stealing anybodys guitar, or not doing something I've been paid to do. My reputation is very important to me, and so are my customers satisfaction, and I'm doing the best I can with what I got to work with at the moment and I'm working as much as I physically can to get everybodys stuff out to them as soon as possible. I would like to say thank you to the majority of my customers who have been very understanding and patient over the last 3 weeks, and bare with me for a little longer to the ones who haven't.

Thanks for all the other members understanding, support & prayers, it really means alot to me.

Patrick

#90 ·
Patrick I dont think you need to publicly apologize for anything.. If people cant show a ounce of compassion to your situation then I personally think that Karma will give them what they deserve.

YOU ARE PRIORITY right now, take care of you, your reputation is not on the line with anyone.. No need to have to come here and try to explain yourself any more than you have, at least in my eyes.

Get well first, customers second.

#94 · (Edited)
Patrick I dont think you need to publicly apologize for anything.. If people cant show a ounce of compassion to your situation then I personally think that Karma will give them what they deserve.

YOU ARE PRIORITY right now, take care of you, your reputation is not on the line with anyone.. No need to have to come here and try to explain yourself any more than you have, at least in my eyes.

Get well first, customers second.
Nobody asked for any apologies.

#91 ·
I'm with ibanezcollector 100%, as I'm sure most of us are.

Those who are waiting for guitars to be completed / returned, etc., think yourselves lucky that your guitars will actually be able to be finished at all. Pat's accident could have been far worse.

#93 ·
Thanks guys for the support, and I CAN'T WAIT to get back started painting....I'm going to have PLENTY of time while I'm bed ridden to think up some killer paint jobs. I am really looking forward to this summer, and I got some really cool guitars and paint schemes planned that I want to do.

I would also like to add I don't appreciate one paticular memebers comment in a PM this week "I'm getting those ATD feelings all over again...."

Thats really not necessary and I don't appreciate it, I have been in very good communication with you as well as making all the facts very clear and known here on this forum. You know who you are, so you can find yourself a new "reliable" painter and not worry about contacting me anymore for future projects. Yours is 1st on my list to get out of here.

#100 ·
Good lord, cut Patrick a break.

Patrick, if you need to move my UV last or even wait till after all surgery/treatment is said and done, please feel free to do so you can appease the impatient people with no compassion. Your health and continued painting genious are worth more to me than another seven string ANY time soon.

#103 ·
I think the very fact that Patrick has taken the time to respond to some of the idiocy here proves the integrity of the man. If people didn't encourage him to waste time here defending himself, then maybe he could be using that time more constructively!!

Continued best wishes for your speedy recovery Patrick (for YOUR sake, not the guitars :D )

#104 ·
One thing to bear in mind. Patrick is not rushing and cutting corners on anyone's paint job. He's still keep the quality on par with everything's he done so far.

Some of you guys are going to s--t your pants when you see what he's done to my PGM. :)

#105 ·
lets not forget the amount of effort it takes to sit on your ass and type an email or post in this thread. i would think the energy spent typing is almost nothing. sanding and painting and lifting and whatever it takes to build/paint guitars uses a whole lot more.
toneboy don't you dare forget to post pictures.

#106 ·
Oh, I could post pictures right now of the guitar but the work's not done in those pictures. The guitar does not have clear coat in any of them so I'm waiting until the job is finished and the guitar is back in my hands in a playable condition. I plan on posting all the pics so people can get an idea of how much time and effort went into the paintjob. I believe when all is said and done, Patrick will have about 35-36 hours into it.

#107 ·
Ive been talking to Patrick for awhile. I talked to him the Monday after his accident. He's building a 7 string Jem for me. Black & white swirls, white & greyish black pyramid inlays on an ebony fretboard. White Evo's in the bridge & middle, and the new D Activator in the neck. I just talked to him about an hour ago. He told me the surgery is scheduled for the 19th. He told me that it wouldnt be finished before the surgery, and that after the surgery, he would have to take at least a month off for recovery. Like ive been telling him, his health is way more important then a guitar. My prayers are with him. Ive only met him over the phone..........but he seems like a pretty awesome guy. And I know the wait will be worth it. For his health..........and my guitar!
Laterz!................~Ranz~

#110 ·
Have a little patience, man. I know it's tough but Patrick is really pressing to complete several projects in the near future. Your best bet is to PM him, or call and leave a message. I'm not saying that this is the most comfortable situation for you to be in, but please take a few moments and consider his situation as well.

Cheers,

#113 ·
code001 and dragsternj don't post again in this thread like that or you'll be removed from the site permanently. the "club" you're in is that you're gonna sit there and wait and STFU like it or not 'cause the guy has serious health concerns being taken care of.

end of that conversation... glen

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.