Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Heads up - Patrick Sims was in a car accident last night.

17K views 127 replies 60 participants last post by  waylay00 
#1 ·
Patrick Sims, of Sims Custom Shop, was in a bad car accident last night. His girlfriend called me this afternoon because has was scheduled to finish working on one of my guitars in the next few days and that now it would obviously be delayed.

He's doing OK at home today. He's got a bump on his head, having a little trouble walking, and he's on meds. Patrick is scheduled to go back to the hospital in a few days to make sure he's doing OK. The accident was bad enough to total his car.

So, if Patrick is doing some work for you right now, expect a delay of at least a few days. The same is true if you're trying to communicate with him via e-mail or phone. Just be patient.

I'll post more info when and if I receive it, assuming of course that Patrick doesn't give us an update himself.

BTW, I'm posting this because Patrick, via his girlfriend, asked me to.

#119 ·
I'm REALLLY starting to get sick of DragenNJ and his comments, as well as sick of him CONSTANTLY accusing me of not responding to e-mails or PMS in regards to the status of his guitar. Let me see if I can explain this to you again Dragen, for the 10,000th time.....

I DO NOT RESPOND TO YOUR E-MAILS ASKING ABOUT STATUS B/C I ALREADY GAVE YOU THE STATUS OF YOUR GUITAR AND SHIPMENT IN THIS THREAD, WHICH YOU READ AND RESPONDED TO, ON 2-28-2007.

You also stated earlier in this thread that I haven't resonded to you before my accident or after, which once again was clearly a lie b/c I posted the dates in which I had PM's you.....1-29-2007 and two times on 2-06-2007. I would post the PM's, but I know thats not allowed. I can supply them tho to anybody who would like to see them. I also saw the posting of this thread as on 2-11-2007 as an update to EVERYBODY that their was some things going on, and it might be a while before you get your guitar, it would be pretty much pointless to not only post the thread, but then turnaround and contact everybody who IS active in this thread (this includes you) telling them what they've already read.

The status of your guitar is the SAME NOW as it was on 2-28-2007. In case you have as much of problem reading English as you do speaking it let me QUOTE that post a SECOND TIME since you obviously have a hard time comprehending what I tell you. I am NOT a Redundant person, its simply pointless to e-mail you AND PM you when I've already told you on here, and besides, even when I have e-mailed you in the past you'll write me two days later asking the same question, as if I never wrote you the 1st e-mail.....like my mom used to say....."Goes in one ear and right out the other"

The status of your guitar, here its is, quoted from 2-28-2007, the status is unchanged from what I tell you in this post. (I have emphasised important words that you have obviously not seen or read by Bolding them for you)

"DragenNJ (See thats you) I appologize for not getting back to you sooner, as well as several others. However I DID respond to e-mails of yours PRIOR to my wreck, which was on 2-10-2007. I have PM's written to you on 1-29-2007, and then two on 2-06-07, 4 days BEFORE my wreck, please keep in mind your NOT the only person who has written me wanting an update on the status of your guitar. I don't know the EXACT DAY I will be able to ship yours but I ASSURE you yours will be shipped BEFORE my surgery, which is the 19th. (THERE, THAT SENTENCE ENBODIES THE STATUS OF YOUR GUITAR). Could be NEXT WEEK, but currently I don't have a vehicle and am having to have family and friends to take me places. I PROMISE YOU, getting your guitars out are HIGH on my priority list....right under my health, Dr visits, Hospital visits & MRI's. DON'T WORRY, I'm not in the business of stealing anybodys guitar, or not doing something I've been paid to do. I'm doing the BEST I can with what I got to work with at the moment and I'm working as much as I physically can to get EVERYBODYS (THIS INCLUDES YOURS) stuff out to them as soon as possible. I would like to say thank you to the majority of my customers (THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE YOU) who have been very understanding and patient over the last 3-4 weeks, and bare with me for a little longer to the ones who haven't. (THIS DOES INCLUDE YOU)

I think your actually intentionally bugging the crap out of me about your guitar, you probably think that I'm going to get sick of hearing you and get it sent out sooner. Well your wrong, b/c I'm going to send it out as soon as I can anyways, which I have already told you. Harrassing me about it isn't going to speed the process up any.....

Thanks for ruining and Hi-jacking this thread, and taking it from a thread intended to keep people up to date on my medical condition to a thread on "Wheres my guitar"

What a Jack-A

#120 ·
Patrick

Well I think you are remaining really calm, you are showing us all the professionalism that people can expect if we use your services. If I need any work doing in the future i'll come to you. I live in the UK but I am sure it would be worth the extra shipping time to get a good job done.

It amazes me how people can wait months for a specific guitar, even years for the right one to come up, but when unforeseen circumstances arise, even with the most genuine reason, people cannot wait. No one would think any less of you for not doing anything during this period. You seem to be a highly motivated person that cannot just sit back and do nothing. You have my utmost respect and admiration.

So get well soon, i'm sure everything will go well.

Best wishes

Tim

#121 · (Edited)
I try to never be rude to a customer, but there comes a point where enough is enough. I have made it crystal clear to Dragen that there has been a major delay in not only his guitar shipment, but everybody elses, and that his guitar would be shipped to him before my surgery. Thats the best I can do. And to constantly PM me and e-mail me about it is really pointless.

Thanks Tim for your kind words. I'm really trying to keep a positive outlook on all of this and just leaving it in God's hands. Why worry about something you have no control over you know. I have been getting some work done, I've shipped around 7 guitars since my accident, but I am not working as many hours either so I can be rested and strong for the surgery. The last thing I want to do is wear myself out trying to finish guitars and go into surgery wore out, tired and weak. I'm of course not looking forward to it, but at the same time I'll be glad when its over with and behind me. I can't wait to get started back to work after that and start accepting orders again and doing some cool paint jobs. I got big plans for this year and can't wait to get on the road to recovery.

#124 ·
Hey Patrick......
Hope youre doing well......I wanted to call ya just to check on you, (not the guitar).........but as I can see.......I think at this point, you need rest. Both physical, "and" mental. I have your surgery date marked on my calender. Dont let some of these people get to ya. Guitars are guitars.........but your health? Thats it man! Anyway Patrick.........just wanted to say hey. I probrably "will" call ya here next week, just to talk to ya before the surgery. My prayers are still with ya man! May God bless ya & keep ya safe.......
~Ranz~ <----the guy in El Paso/black & white swirled 7 string LOL!!!

#125 ·
Sorry, but I'm a tad out of the loop. What exactly happened to Patrick (I know it was a car accident of some sort, I believe), and how is his surgery going?

Well, whatever it is, get well as soon as possible, and keep up the awesome work when you are recovered!

Get well soon,
Wade

#126 ·
Hey Wade....
Patrick was in a car accident.......a car ran a red light in front of him making a left turn and Patrick T-boned him....basicly. As you can imagine, he sustained some injuries, one of which was to his head. During the x-ray, they saw something on his brain that wasnt related to his accident, but that had been there for awhile. Upon further investigation, it was discovered that it was a small tumor. Patrick said it perfectly. God works in mysterious ways. Had it not been for that accident, he would have never known about the tumor untill it was possibly too late. He went in for surgery on the 19th to have it removed. I havent heard yet how it went or how he's doing. I have no doubt that having your head opened up cant feel to well when ya wake up, so Im sure once he recovers from the swelling and pain a little bit, he'll contact us all. In the mean time.........I keep him in my thoughts & prayers. Ive only met him over the phone, but he seems like a really very cool guy. Hope that caught ya up and that I didnt mis-quote anything :smile:
Laterz!.............~Ranz~

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.