<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk

Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-31-2006, 04:45 AM

Angry

I GOT SCAMMED OUT OF $1200!!??

There was an auction here a few days ago for a LNG Ibanez Jem. I put a bid of $1200 on the guitar. I did not win the auction, but I was contacted a day later by **** giving me a second chance at my bid. I contacted the email address that was given to me, the guy said he would sell me the guitar for the $1200, I thought it was a dream come true. He told me he was in the UK at the moment attending his little sisters wedding, but his cousin would ship me the guitar using his shipping acount as soon as he got the money in the UK. He sent me his square trader info and everything. I dont use pay pal so he suggested Western Union, ok no problem, I have used it before, I have also bought from the UK, so I did not see anything wrong at the time. He had a very good E-bay score, so I trusted him. I sent the money via WU to the UK. He did not respond to my emails for a day or so, then when he does respond to my emails, his responses make no sense, telling me to give him the WU info when I had already gave it to him 2 times and something about cars?? So, I was only communicating through email, so I sent a message to the **** account, the real owner of the guitar and real owner of the account massaged me and told me to call him asap. The guy said he had been recieving emails about his guitar, that someone had been sending second chance's using his account somehow, I am sure the guy was telling the truth. So, someone in the UK hacked his account, sent out several second chance's and I got screwed out of all my money. That was all the money I have, I had been saving that cash to get me another good Ibanez guitar. Now I have no money in my account and no Jem. Any suggestions as to what I should do to maybe put an end to this scam?
thanks, Josh

Tags
air guitar, horsie jem, ibanez jem, mesa boogie, mesa boogie mark, neck joint

You may also search for:

Show/Hide Posting Rules