IS THIS A FAKE JEM/UV??... here (& only here) is where to ask & discuss - Page 2 - Jemsite
<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

Old 03-02-2006, 09:15 AM

Re: Real or fake Jem auction on e-vil-bay?

Why doesn't Evilbay shut down these auctions? People must be reporting them. The guitars are copyright infringments AND they are passing them off as Ibanez guitars in the ads. Definately illegal.
Old 03-02-2006, 09:26 AM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotti
Why doesn't Evilbay shut down these auctions? People must be reporting them. The guitars are copyright infringments AND they are passing them off as Ibanez guitars in the ads. Definately illegal.
2 Questions...

1. What is the meaning of life.

2. Exactly what you just asked.

I'd rather tackle question 1, lol
Old 03-02-2006, 11:31 AM

It sold for $1,000............
Poor guy.

Old 03-02-2006, 11:46 AM
(a)

I just sent the guy that bought it a message telling him it's fake, hopefully he hasn't paid for it yet!
Old 03-02-2006, 10:32 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibanez249
I just sent the guy that bought it a message telling him it's fake, hopefully he hasn't paid for it yet!
Yeah ... Hope he haven't paid it yet
Old 03-02-2006, 10:42 PM

Thanks for the warnings, guys! I havent been on this site in a while. I've seen the ads that say "fabulous ibanez guitar" and its a picture of a Kramer, those are the obvious ripoffs. On this particular auction, it looked like a really good deal, but not necessarily too good to be true. Over the years, I've caught a few good deals on Jems from people who are trying to dump them quickly. This guy had 100% good fedback as a buyer and seller, and was in Minnesota. I think he may have purchased this fake guitar and was simply trying to pass it on and recover his loss.
Upon reading the messages you sent to me, I immediately went to my bank and put a stop payment on it. I paid through paypal but it would not be hitting my bank for a day or two from now. I still had time. I didnt want to have to go through some long dispute if they got the money in the first place. I havent heard any response at all from the seller yet. Paypal says I have to try to contact the seller before I can submit any claims, so i'm just going by thge rules, and then will submit a claim to them. All I know is this guy isnt getting my money.. thanks again for the warning. -tim
Old 03-02-2006, 10:57 PM
(a)

Wow nice work you guys. It's good to see there are still good people around watching out for others. chef21
Old 03-02-2006, 11:26 PM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clubtim
Thanks for the warnings, guys! I havent been on this site in a while. I've seen the ads that say "fabulous ibanez guitar" and its a picture of a Kramer, those are the obvious ripoffs. On this particular auction, it looked like a really good deal, but not necessarily too good to be true. Over the years, I've caught a few good deals on Jems from people who are trying to dump them quickly. This guy had 100% good fedback as a buyer and seller, and was in Minnesota. I think he may have purchased this fake guitar and was simply trying to pass it on and recover his loss.
Upon reading the messages you sent to me, I immediately went to my bank and put a stop payment on it. I paid through paypal but it would not be hitting my bank for a day or two from now. I still had time. I didnt want to have to go through some long dispute if they got the money in the first place. I havent heard any response at all from the seller yet. Paypal says I have to try to contact the seller before I can submit any claims, so i'm just going by thge rules, and then will submit a claim to them. All I know is this guy isnt getting my money.. thanks again for the warning. -tim
you're the one buying... ??? Drop by here often...
Old 03-03-2006, 03:57 AM
(a)

No problem, I'd hope that someone would do the same for me if I did similar
Old 03-03-2006, 04:03 AM
(a)
Vendor

I got a sincere reply from the seller, who's a real nice guy and wasn't trying to get over on anybody. A typical scenario for this kind of stuff actually. Here's a snipet -

""This guitar was a gift to me this christmas. I did not want the guitar (I
do not enjoy guitars with a floyd rose pickup - I play almost strictly PRS
Guitars) and took it to a Guitar Center to have it evaluated (to see what
it would be worth to sell). They told me that it is a Korean model and was
worth less than the Japanese version and would sell for about $1000 new.
This guitar was never played more than a couple of times by me, and so
this is how I set the Buy it Now price, etc."
Old 03-03-2006, 08:48 AM

OK, I bought this guitar, RICH, did you also?? I received this same letter this morning about it was a gift, the Guitar center , etc. I put a stop payment on the bank draft, but i see that Paypal beat me to the bank. They got the money. this guy said that he would be understanding If i dodnt want to complete the transaction, so i told him i would like a refund to avoid any long arbitraions with e bay.
But now I see that the same deal may have gone done with more than just myself. If anyone else has been victim to this scam, I would like to talk to you.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:27 AM

I just started my claim with Paypal, and they will be contacting me. I want to make sure I am 100% correct when i talk to them. Am I correct when I say that Ibanez does not produce a Jem VWH in Korea. Thery're made in Japan. So, by purchasing a Jem VWH, I would be led to reasonably believe that this is a Japanese guitar and the real thing. The seller told me AFTER the purchase that it was indeed a Korean guitar, therefore proving that it is not even produced by the real Ibanez company. Then, after seeing that another person may have received the exact same letter, I am convinced that I should have no problem getting a refund after a long drawn out arbitration. Any suggestions anyone? (other than ask 4000 more questions and ask for DNA samples before I make another purchase??)
Old 03-03-2006, 09:34 AM
(a)

True, no such thing as a korean 7vwh.

I don't think that you'll have any problem here, it's blatantly fake and was sold as the genuine article.
Old 03-03-2006, 09:37 AM

Question

man! the Evilbay story just keeps geting worse! this is not Jem related but has to do with a seller on Evilbay & auctions, it's worth a look for anyone on Jemsite to know this info, i still can't beleave it when i look at this web page. tell me what you think?

http://www.amobile.com

Cheers bros- Jake
Old 03-03-2006, 09:38 AM
(a)

I would've give the guy a chance to refund you before going to PayPal though.

Show/Hide Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lets discuss pickups! liogarus Gear and Equipment 1 07-29-2012 04:12 AM
Let's discuss Les Pauls Chris777 Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) 178 10-30-2008 10:11 AM
Digital skills - everyone please discuss crevis Chat Forum 0 04-02-2007 01:12 AM
EMGs? Love em or hate em? Discuss isida.d Pickups & wiring 77 11-10-2006 05:14 PM
Where does one discuss bass? NNS Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) 10 06-07-2006 08:13 PM

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29