<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk

Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1066  
Old 01-03-2013, 02:52 PM
AlaskaBat  is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 9,291  -  iTrader: (18)
Reviews: 98

Re: IS THIS A FAKE JEM/UV??... here (& only here) is where to ask & discuss


Quote:
Originally Posted by doriangrey View Post
I know the price is a dead giiveaway and I knew it didn't look right but again I was just looking to confirm the distinguishing featues because I think I am going to call the guy out on our local CL...clown even mentions EVO pickups in his ad...
Yep---call him out!
quote
  #1067  
Old 01-08-2013, 12:05 AM
Paincakes  is offline
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 2  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: IS THIS A FAKE JEM/UV??... here (& only here) is where to ask & discuss


Is this fake or real? All the hardware seems to have been replaced, and the neck was sanded down :/
imgur[dot]com/a/BkpGT#0
quote
  #1068  
Old 01-08-2013, 02:39 AM
Diamond Dave  is offline
Classified Watchdog
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 748  -  iTrader: (12)

Re: IS THIS A FAKE JEM/UV??... here (& only here) is where to ask & discuss


Quote:
Originally Posted by Paincakes View Post
Is this fake or real? All the hardware seems to have been replaced, and the neck was sanded down :/
imgur[dot]com/a/BkpGT#0
It was a real FP once, now FUBAR.
quote
  #1069  
Old 01-09-2013, 06:12 PM
LMDAVE  is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 223  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: IS THIS A FAKE JEM/UV??... here (& only here) is where to ask & discuss


http://www.ebay.com/itm/221175555305...=p5197.c0.m619

I'd like to do my own attempt of spotting a fake, tell me if I'm wrong on any of these:

-Trem Pocket color is a strange color pink
-Trem Bar has screw nut, not original Edge Trem
-Pink color on disapperaing pyramid neck
-Ibanez logo on head stock, Check should begin between 2nd and 3rd tuner
quote
  #1070  
Old 01-09-2013, 06:28 PM
Ibateur  is offline
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Hilversum, The Netherlands
Posts: 3,273  -  iTrader: (3)

Re: IS THIS A FAKE JEM/UV??... here (& only here) is where to ask & discuss


Looks legit with a replaced trem holder to be honest. The colors look faded only to me.
quote
  #1071  
Old 01-09-2013, 07:10 PM
LMDAVE  is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 223  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: IS THIS A FAKE JEM/UV??... here (& only here) is where to ask & discuss


What about the pyramids being red (not even a shade of florescent pink) and what I said about the headstock logo (that's the one I'm not positive about) but all JEM that I looked at for reference, the check mark of the logo starts between tuner 2 and 3.
quote
  #1072  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:39 PM
(a)
doriangrey  is offline
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 2,154  -  iTrader: (0)
Reviews: 10

Re: IS THIS A FAKE JEM/UV??... here (& only here) is where to ask & discuss


man, I'm no expert but that one looks legit to me...hmmm...if that's a copy then whoever made that copy did a pretty damn good job...I have a 2004 Jem7vh so I know what a real Jem looks like but I'm having a hard time with that one...I guess I need more education on the key distinguishing features of a fake...
quote
  #1073  
Old 01-09-2013, 09:52 PM
Diamond Dave  is offline
Classified Watchdog
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 748  -  iTrader: (12)

Re: IS THIS A FAKE JEM/UV??... here (& only here) is where to ask & discuss


Quote:
Originally Posted by LMDAVE View Post
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221175555305...=p5197.c0.m619

I'd like to do my own attempt of spotting a fake, tell me if I'm wrong on any of these:

-Trem Pocket color is a strange color pink
-Trem Bar has screw nut, not original Edge Trem
-Pink color on disapperaing pyramid neck
-Ibanez logo on head stock, Check should begin between 2nd and 3rd tuner
Absolutely a real Jem. Don't over think these things.
quote
  #1074  
Old 01-09-2013, 10:18 PM
LMDAVE  is offline
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Metairie, LA
Posts: 223  -  iTrader: (0)

Re: IS THIS A FAKE JEM/UV??... here (& only here) is where to ask & discuss


Thanks, I feel bad for doubting it now. But, the red on the pyramids really stood out as if it was a reproduced neck. But I do admit every single thing about the back of the guitar was legit to me, just the features mention above about the front.
quote
  #1075  
Old 01-10-2013, 01:50 AM
Ibateur  is offline
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Hilversum, The Netherlands
Posts: 3,273  -  iTrader: (3)

Re: IS THIS A FAKE JEM/UV??... here (& only here) is where to ask & discuss


The red is "bad photography" or "bad photo editing"
quote
  #1076  
Old 01-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Globbits  is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: London/Nottingham, UK
Posts: 679  -  iTrader: (1)

Plea for knowledgeable help- real JEM?


Hi guys- just took the plunge and pressed buy it now on a Jem on the 'bay. (YESSS!!!!)

Reasons I don't think it's fake:

Just expensive enough to be a great deal on a 7DBK (which generally resells at lower prices), but prob too expensive to be a fake..
Rarely if ever do you see a 7DBK fake
Pics look real, serial means '99 Japan
Seller seems genuine

Reasons I think it's fake:

Total paranoia and fear of being ripped off online for what is- to me- a great deal of money.


I haven't paid for it yet (and even if I do, paypal should give me a refund on "item not as described" terms. If not, small claims court), and I'm going to pick it up in person this/ next weekend- so there's still plenty of time for me to back out and not lose my shirt.

I'd really appreciate it if someone more knowledgeable than me could take a look and give me an opinion on the authenticity. I know I'm probably being over cautious, but I really don't want to get screwed!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181062564081

Item 181062564081

Thanks in advance,
Henry
quote
  #1077  
Old 01-15-2013, 04:40 PM
Diamond Dave  is offline
Classified Watchdog
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London, UK
Posts: 748  -  iTrader: (12)

Re: Plea for knowledgeable help- real JEM?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Globbits View Post
Hi guys- just took the plunge and pressed buy it now on a Jem on the 'bay. (YESSS!!!!)

Reasons I don't think it's fake:

Just expensive enough to be a great deal on a 7DBK (which generally resells at lower prices), but prob too expensive to be a fake..
Rarely if ever do you see a 7DBK fake
Pics look real, serial means '99 Japan
Seller seems genuine

Reasons I think it's fake:

Total paranoia and fear of being ripped off online for what is- to me- a great deal of money.


I haven't paid for it yet (and even if I do, paypal should give me a refund on "item not as described" terms. If not, small claims court), and I'm going to pick it up in person this/ next weekend- so there's still plenty of time for me to back out and not lose my shirt.

I'd really appreciate it if someone more knowledgeable than me could take a look and give me an opinion on the authenticity. I know I'm probably being over cautious, but I really don't want to get screwed!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181062564081

Item 181062564081

Thanks in advance,
Henry
No-one has ever faked a DBK.
quote
  #1078  
Old 01-15-2013, 04:49 PM
Ibateur  is offline
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Hilversum, The Netherlands
Posts: 3,273  -  iTrader: (3)

Re: IS THIS A FAKE JEM/UV??... here (& only here) is where to ask & discuss


Legit. Nice price. It is one of the more boring jems, with those screw dots, but one of my favouries to see.

Lol you can't really be scammed in person in this case. Check it for issues before taking it out of the house.

Last edited by Ibateur; 01-15-2013 at 04:59 PM.
quote
  #1079  
Old 01-15-2013, 06:04 PM
maqify  is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Sweden
Posts: 1,278  -  iTrader: (1)
Reviews: 2

Re: IS THIS A FAKE JEM/UV??... here (& only here) is where to ask & discuss


Very nice price. As Ibateur says it doesn't look as sexy as meny of the other jems, but still a jem.
quote
  #1080  
Old 01-16-2013, 11:00 AM
Globbits  is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: London/Nottingham, UK
Posts: 679  -  iTrader: (1)

Re: IS THIS A FAKE JEM/UV??... here (& only here) is where to ask & discuss


Thanks guys, your help is much appreciated. Yeah, I thought I was probably being over cautious, but not really in a position where I can afford to lose that much money, so better safe than sorry!

Really looking forward to picking it up at the weekend- finally joining the JEM owners club after nearly 10 years as a forum member...
quote



Show/Hide Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lets discuss pickups! liogarus Gear and Equipment 1 07-29-2012 04:12 AM
Let's discuss Les Pauls Chris777 Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) 178 10-30-2008 10:11 AM
Digital skills - everyone please discuss crevis Chat Forum 0 04-02-2007 01:12 AM
EMGs? Love em or hate em? Discuss isida.d Pickups & wiring 77 11-10-2006 05:14 PM
Where does one discuss bass? NNS Other 6-string Guitars (non-Ibanez brand) 10 06-07-2006 08:13 PM

Sitemap:1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
(c) jemsite.com
Powered by