Ibanez JEM Forum banner

LGM Custom Work

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  fettouhi 
#1 ·
Hi everyone, just a couple questions...
LGM charges USD$225 for finishing a guitar solid color. Does this include stripping the body of the factory finish? Or do I have to do that, or he charges more for it? Also, does this price include refinishing the headstock, and putting the ibanez logo back on? Any answers appreciated.

#3 ·
Usually i would, but i keep asking you guys for quotes for different ideas and i never went ahead with anything yet, and i feel as though i am wasting your time, i know your both very busy. Im sure about what i want to do this time though, so I figured i should just get a rough idea on this site. :)

#5 ·
Stripping to wood is a poor poor poor idea. You cannot get a better prepped surface than the factory paint. The $225 I charge includes me prepping the body. If there are many chips or something I might charge a little extra, but minor inclusions and defects are included in the prep. Taking a body to wood (unless you want a transparent finish) allows moisture, oils, grease, dirt etc to get into the wood. It also means doing the identical process that ibanez does to reseal the wood again. Pointless........

Matching headstock with new logo is $60 extra since you asked on that one as well.
Darren is right though, even at those prices, I make Mcdonalds wages on paint, the cost of GOOD paint is very high. I pay $380canadian for a gallon of clear, quart of hardener, and a quart of reducer, so basically a gallon and a half ;)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.