<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk

Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

Old 04-01-2004, 03:54 PM

Non-international shipping >:[

Why do so many US auctions only ship within the US and not to europe/etc ?
I can totally understand in the case of large items like guitars, where packaging for international shipping might be awkward and expensive, but things like pickups/scratchplates/parts?

Is it laziness, fear of a rip-off or xenophobia?
Old 04-01-2004, 04:00 PM

Bro, Most if not all auctions (bar 2) would'nt ship outside the US, Most will if you ask nicely (P's n Q's)

There was an RB a few weeks back (possibly longer) but he would not ship outside the US at all, I tried a few times, I had 7 offer's of people forwarding it to me from a US address

All is not lost, Besides, What do ya need? Enquiring minds wants to know

Roberto Dinho

*changed name by deedpole so he does'nt have to give nathan his money* ROFL
Old 04-01-2004, 04:00 PM

A little from column A, a little from column B...

I find most sellers are pretty good about shipping elsewhere, but they put "USA Only" on their auctions to deter the usual scam artists and other nasties.

Just ask before bidding if they'll consider shipping to your country. The buyer is usually the one responsible for shipping costs, so most sellers don't mind. It usually just requires that they fill out one extra form for customs and duties, if applicable.
Old 04-02-2004, 04:37 AM

Hmm I'd always assumed that if they put "US Only" that they'd get really annoyed with someone mailing them and asking "Can you ship to UK?"

Rob - (or *ahem* Roberto ), To be honest I'm not entirely sure what I want! Mostly to take advantage of the $-> rate at the moment. I have been looking at 7 string pickups though..
Old 04-02-2004, 04:43 AM

Well be quick, The exchange rate is going up, And most US sellers i have found to be curtious even when saying no

I have a Neck Blaze in Black ... with silver poles !!! Trade ?

Roberto Gilbertini III jr

Hey that name looks damn cool, The only trouble with turnining Brazilian is the teeth man !!! heh heh. Oh Gilberto, No offence brother
Old 04-02-2004, 05:58 AM

I've also had some good results from simply asking nicely if they would consider shipping abroad.

Many have said no problem. Others have said "can't you read?". So just be nice and take your business elsewhere if they don't want to.
Old 04-02-2004, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem7RB MK
There was an RB a few weeks back (possibly longer) but he would not ship outside the US at all, I tried a few times, I had 7 offer's of people forwarding it to me from a US address
There's been 2 RBs on ebay UK recently...
Old 04-02-2004, 07:23 AM

Funny that someone brought this topic up... I was pointed to the site of a US store selling a couple of ADA Splitstack cabs, at $199 (for the pair). Best of all, the site said "International shipping available", so I immediately inquired. Now, I do know that the shipping costs of those things could run high, but I can probably afford it, and besides: I have been searching for those things for quite a long time !

Anyway, they came back to me "Sorry, we don't ship overseas". WTF ? So, to them "international" only means "Mexico and Canada" ? Sorry, but that doesn't float, since Canada is usually considered just another US state and I don't see them shipping to Mexico either (when I lived in CA, I couldn't even drive my rental car over there) !

Anyway, my little rant... Shameless plug now: if anybody has a splitstack laying around and doesn't mind putting some extra stamps on it, PM me
Old 04-02-2004, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jem7RB MK
There's been 2 RBs on ebay UK recently...
I know, And the guy selling them was a tad shady, Read the other thread dude ;-) Both listings were cancelled

Rob
Old 04-02-2004, 07:44 AM

This one kind of put me off..

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=33035

Shipping to USA lower 48 only, too much trouble from Canada, sorry, eh? You Hosers...

I'm assuming that "hosers" is some kind of insult?
Old 04-02-2004, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hexa-db
I'm assuming that "hosers" is some kind of insult?
Well, I guess it's more of less the same as calling somebody from South Carolina a "Yankee"
Old 04-02-2004, 11:33 AM

Once I bidded something on ebay,
and won the item, but the seller didn't want to ship it overseas.
He said it was okay to ship overseas before, but the auction went too low,
and he called me a STUPID AS@@@@E, haha. Anyways, I couldn't do anything.

Tags
string pickup, string pickups

Show/Hide Posting Rules