Paradise Guitars - OFFICIAL Thread - Page 5 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 382 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 01:00 AM

Reviews: 7
Re: Bought a Paradise Guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyplays View Post
Seems that most guitars are a knockoff of something, and there is a good reason why ! If you get too bizzare, your probably not going to sell much, thats why most guitars are very similiar in one way or another. You dont want to reinvent the wheel, you just want to keep the quality up and add your own flare, which we have with the Paradise guitars, plus the inlays are blowaway compared to most guitars at that price. Also the hand rubbed tounge oil really helps the guitar to breath and resonate soo much better than paint. Thats why we are getting guys like Greg Howe, Randy Jackson Jason Becker Davide Kline interested in a signature guitars from us, We know they are picky players and they know ,we are just as picky making these guitars for them.
Tom G
I wasn't knocking you're work at all. But as far as I'm concerned the guitar world could use a few more companies that are willing to reinvent the wheel. Not easy nowadays, but by no means impossible. Either way all I meant to say is that I can't really get into it, but with a few very minor changes I could.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 382 (permalink) Old 04-02-2008, 05:41 PM

No offense taken, as this was a custom guitar made for a customer. I will say that Paradise guitars have outshined many other companies as far as imagination with acrylic marble tops or mirror tops with inlays, which implies a ton of good hand work to pull off those tops. You can look at the signature Randy jackson models. The headstock is slim also no monkey grips ..lol although i will mention to take a look at the position of the monkey grip on the Ibanez Rootbeer guitar,as far as ergonomics, I quess its all trial and error for most companies, until you find the G spot.
Tom G
post #63 of 382 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 03:58 AM

Reviews: 7

As for the Randy Jackson models, they look nice. Not my taste, but it's pretty original and they look to be crafted tediously. As far as my earlier post's they only apply to this guitar.
post #64 of 382 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 04:31 AM

Re: PARADISE GUITARS finishes David Kline Jr's signature model

Is Greg Howe David Kline?

Very nice guitar
post #65 of 382 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 05:22 AM

I think it looks awesome in a natural finish!
post #66 of 382 (permalink) Old 04-07-2008, 12:46 PM

Interesting- Howe left Suhr to go qo with Peavey basically because he needed an endorsement with a company that had deep pockets, and now he's getting a custom from Paradise.
That says a lot about the quality of your work- congrats to you.

peace
post #67 of 382 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 01:52 PM

Reviews: 1

I saw a Craigslist post about Paradise making a new "Jason Becker" model?
Anyone know anything about that?
post #68 of 382 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 02:32 PM

Yes its true Paradise guitars usa has spoken with Greg Howe and is now talking about his new signature guitar , hopefully he will sign. We are very thankful to Greg for this conversation and trust in this company ! We might as well drop another bomb on everyone while we are at it ..lol We are now in the works with the new long awaited Jason Becker signature guitar. We are sure this will be a very exciting adventure working together.
Tom G

Last edited by tommyplays; 04-27-2008 at 04:05 PM.
post #69 of 382 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 02:40 PM

We are very excited about talking with Greg on a possible new signature guitar, and we are very thankful to Greg for this opportunity. We are now also in the works for the long awaited Jason Becker guitar. Jason is very excited about this project with us as we are with him. Paradise Guitars USA is very thankful to work with such great musicians and human beings !!!!!!
Tom G
Stu R

Last edited by tommyplays; 04-27-2008 at 04:06 PM.
post #70 of 382 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 02:40 PM

I did not think Jason Becker could play guitar anymore, what gives?
post #71 of 382 (permalink) Old 04-08-2008, 03:10 PM

Reviews: 1

Any sneak peaks?
Is this to be modeled after the natural wood model with colored numerical fret markers?
post #72 of 382 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 09:51 AM

Its true Jason can not play now , but has been trying for years to have a signature guitar made for his fans , with some of his ideas. He has been getting the runaround from alot of big companies, that will not sign him, because of his illness. We think he deserves his signature guitar wether he is sick or well, wether he can play now or not. Jason is an incredible human being, and he will get his signature guitar from Paradise Guitars USA because he deserves it !!!! Jason is still writing amazing music. All is in the works !
post #73 of 382 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 09:59 AM

Re: Paradise Guitars completes Randy Jackson's "Zebra" line PARTII

Its all part of promoting a guitar or company you believe in !
post #74 of 382 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 10:51 AM

Re: Paradise Guitars completes Randy Jackson's "Zebra" line PARTII

I'm seriously considering one of these as my next big purchase, maybe in a year's time. But I'd have to buy it without playing it first :/
post #75 of 382 (permalink) Old 04-09-2008, 10:54 AM

Reviews: 12
Red face Re: Bought a Paradise Guitar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyplays View Post
Its true Jason can not play now , but has been trying for years to have a signature guitar made for his fans , with some of his ideas. He has been getting the runaround from alot of big companies, that will not sign him, because of his illness. We think he deserves his signature guitar wether he is sick or well, wether he can play now or not. Jason is an incredible human being, and he will get his signature guitar from Paradise Guitars USA because he deserves it !!!! Jason is still writing amazing music. All is in the works !
You can't visit Jasons' site and not ache with a parents pain that something like this could happen to somebody...

Thumbs FVCKING up to Paradise if they come out with a Becker model...Maybe something adorned with his father, Garys' artwork would be nice. I am interested in buying a Becker model

In 88/89/90 I would've shined his jock if he let me... that's how deeply I respected him and how into his music I was.

What a powerful, courageous, hero he is. Most of us don't have half of his strength...

Last edited by DEADTUNES666; 04-09-2008 at 02:17 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
alder body , beautiful guitar , custom guitar , custom shop , custom shop gibson , dimarzio humbuckers , electric guitar , floyd rose , floyd rose pro , fret markers , guitar shop , headstock design , jackson guitars , jason becker , joe satriani , jumbo frets , killer guitar , marty friedman , michael lee , michael lee firkins , monkey grip , music store , neck joint , pickguard paradise , sam ash , schaller floyd rose , signature guitar , steve vai , tone zone

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode