<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk

Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

Old 02-02-2013, 01:16 AM

Re: Patrick SIMS (custom shop in TN, USA) experiences

Blackstrat, did you talk to an attorney? Any luck and if it would be of any use I would be interested in joining in your complaint. He stole a Hamer from us.
Old 02-02-2013, 09:11 AM
(a)
Vendor

Reviews: 3

Sims Custom Shop
(423) 355-2437
2288 Gunbarrel Rd Ste.154 Box 132, Chattanooga, TN 37421

I can't believe people still send stuff to this guy.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:03 AM

Reviews: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daisy View Post
Hi All, I am trying to find is anyone has taken Sims to court? We sent him his Hamer and paid in advance year(S) ago. Lots of no response, then a story how he lost his business in a fire, which "seems" a bit untrue and that he was going to pay back for the guitar and the money for work. I want to know if anyone has taken him to court, I am looking to go after him for credit card fraud, theft, mail fraud or whatever we can do. I would love to let this go, but my husband just can't seem to get over the loss of this guitar. So I am seriously wanting to get this addressed. Any advice or contacts is appreciated. From the angry wife in Massachusetts
his adress is everywhere on the net.
go to his warehouse break in and gank that fool.

if he took my guitar id be there in 1 day whooping that ace of his.

sometimes the law cant help but getting even is just that.
Old 02-02-2013, 10:48 AM

If you have gone to his shop or home, would like to hear from you and your experience? did you bring the police? Did you file any sort of legal claim?
Old 02-02-2013, 11:17 AM

Reviews: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsfury View Post
his adress is everywhere on the net.
go to his warehouse break in and gank that fool.

if he took my guitar id be there in 1 day whooping that ace of his.

sometimes the law cant help but getting even is just that.
Karma, he will get his one day.
Old 02-17-2013, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuitarGuru View Post
Sims Custom Shop
(423) 355-2437
2288 Gunbarrel Rd Ste.154 Box 132, Chattanooga, TN 37421

I can't believe people still send stuff to this guy.
I went to Chattanooga this morning. This address is a UPS Store.
You can find another address by looking in the Ooltewah TN white pages. A phone number is also listed.
Old 03-11-2013, 04:44 PM

well its been over a year sense my guitar was sent to sims custom shop, even though he sent me pics of it completed back in april of last year, after i contacted the local police because of no call backs or returned emails.i glued the neck to the body on my jackson kelly and filled in the neck pickup,but what i noticed in the pics was that you can see the seems on the top and the bottom were the neck and body join and i paid extra so it looked like a neck through and it would be seemless.so here i am got all my ducks in a row with all my docu and going to take him to court not only to get my guitar back but to get a total refund,cause i gotta have someone else do the job right and i am not paying out of my pocket for it twice and plus he's going to have to pay my lawyers fee's.
Old 03-12-2013, 05:32 PM

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. Make sure to let us know how it turns out. You are not alone in your misery.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:30 PM

Here's my episode with him, granted it was over a year ago. I hadn't been made aware of all the bad experiences other had, so I sent him my refinish money, a NIB RGD2120Z and a set of SD pups to replace the originals. A couple of weeks later I change my mind on pups and he says no worries and I ship him a set of BK pups.

Deadline passes, I get excuses but it was reasonable... deadline passes x 2, more time, finally he doesn't return my emails and calling him just gets me to a filled voicemail box. THEN I start investigating and find out about all the horror stories. Yea I was an idiot.

Here's what I did to get MOST of my stuff back. I called the Chattanooga police to file a report and my local pd to file a theft report. The same day I notify him and his wife (via her work email since she worked for the gov) that the reports were filed. I immediately get a call from him (imagine that) begging me to let him refinish my guitar that day and ship it out. I say ok, as long as it hits my door this week but the police reports are not being retracted until I have my stuff. He did a really crappy refinish and I indeed got my guitar that week. MINUS a $300 set of BK pups. At that point I'd rather be out $300 than $1800.

To top it off, he read my story on another forum a few months back and emailed me saying sorry he had my pups and didnt know who they belonged to. He said he'd immediately ship them to me. YEA RIGHT!

Patrick Sims is a weasel of the first order and just a general P.O.S.

To save money on attorney fees, I'd advise anyone to take him to small claims court in Chattanooga. Airfare is cheaper than the attorney.
Old 04-10-2013, 01:13 PM

Yeah hes a real ****bag, I bought a guitar off the original owner of LGM guitars and needless to say, he was not thrilled about who he sold the rights to...

Also just so everyone is aware..Simms now owns LGM guitars. So stay AWAY from that too!
Old 04-10-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stealthtastic View Post
Yeah hes a real ****bag, I bought a guitar off the original owner of LGM guitars and needless to say, he was not thrilled about who he sold the rights to...

Also just so everyone is aware..Simms now owns LGM guitars. So stay AWAY from that too!
Yeah, that's been known for awhile now. He even started up under a new account name on other guitar forums pushing LGM and when people found out it was him, denied it up, down and sideways and said how fantastical Sims' work was.

Then he got banned.

I've said it MANY times...do NOT deal with someone who wants all the money upfront. I dealt with Nate Perle twice for bodies and necks, He asked for 20% upfront, stayed within the agreed upon timeframe, sent update pics regularly and was easily reachable by e-mail and phone.

I also have dealt with Rick (GuitarGuru) who also was easily to deal with concerning a swirl body job. Great work and answered e-mails regularly.

Sims allegedly has big name guitar company accounts for work and the single customer is not at the top of his list of "in order to complete" jobs. Makes you wonder if he makes the big name guitar companies pay 100% upfront.
Old 04-10-2013, 02:22 PM
(a)

Cool

I talked to Sims in 2006 to do my Chrome Vine inlay in my BRMR. So glad that I went to a local luthier in Spain who did a fine job for half the money Sims asked...
Old 04-10-2013, 10:18 PM
(a)
Vendor

Holy ****. I don't visit for a few years and I come back to see this thread is still alive!!

Sorry to hear about all the bad news going down on here. I remembered sending in a USA Custom body for a refin and it took foreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeever to get back.
Old 04-11-2013, 02:02 AM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flypap3r View Post
Here's my episode with him, granted it was over a year ago. I hadn't been made aware of all the bad experiences other had, so I sent him my refinish money, a NIB RGD2120Z and a set of SD pups to replace the originals. A couple of weeks later I change my mind on pups and he says no worries and I ship him a set of BK pups.

Deadline passes, I get excuses but it was reasonable... deadline passes x 2, more time, finally he doesn't return my emails and calling him just gets me to a filled voicemail box. THEN I start investigating and find out about all the horror stories. Yea I was an idiot.

Here's what I did to get MOST of my stuff back. I called the Chattanooga police to file a report and my local pd to file a theft report. The same day I notify him and his wife (via her work email since she worked for the gov) that the reports were filed. I immediately get a call from him (imagine that) begging me to let him refinish my guitar that day and ship it out. I say ok, as long as it hits my door this week but the police reports are not being retracted until I have my stuff. He did a really crappy refinish and I indeed got my guitar that week. MINUS a $300 set of BK pups. At that point I'd rather be out $300 than $1800.

To top it off, he read my story on another forum a few months back and emailed me saying sorry he had my pups and didnt know who they belonged to. He said he'd immediately ship them to me. YEA RIGHT!

Patrick Sims is a weasel of the first order and just a general P.O.S.

To save money on attorney fees, I'd advise anyone to take him to small claims court in Chattanooga. Airfare is cheaper than the attorney.
He's a pathetic little man . I only ever had one dealing with him on a supposedly "ready for paint" guitar body a few years back . It was a total mess and I had to put a complaint in with Ebay over him taking ages to ship a body that was done and just wanted to be put in a box and shipped.
His arrogance was unbelievable and Paypal closed his account until he came through with the goods.

This guy has some kind of narcissistic personality disorder .
Old 05-05-2013, 11:30 AM

For those that have been asking for an update on where I'm at with this guy, give me a couple weeks and I'll let you know. Might be getting close!

Tags
patrick sims, scs, sims custom shop, sims customshop

Show/Hide Posting Rules