Report Fake Ibanez Guitars Listed on EBay - Page 52 - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #766 of 935 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 08:43 AM

re: Report Fake Ibanez Guitars Listed on EBay

Im 90% sure this is a copy as the Ibanez logo looks like the fakes and the monkey grip seems off, but it does have the proper truss rod cover and a real edge trem. I did not report it yet since I had some doubt. If it is confirmed here, I will help report.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #767 of 935 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:20 AM

Comparing the logo placement with my '91 FP I agree it seems too close to the neck but then maybe the placement was different for 88's? The lighting of the photo makes the grip look odd but to me seems too close to call. The hazy black at the edges of the tremolo spring area are exactly like my Jem and I'd be impressed if a fake had gone that far. Also, the red flower that's been exposed at the back of the guitar where your elbow would be when you play - what does anyone make of that? Could it signify authenticity somehow? If this is the quality of fakes coming out of the far east now...
post #768 of 935 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodVaibes View Post
Comparing the logo placement with my '91 FP I agree it seems too close to the neck but then maybe the placement was different for 88's? The lighting of the photo makes the grip look odd but to me seems too close to call. The hazy black at the edges of the tremolo spring area are exactly like my Jem and I'd be impressed if a fake had gone that far. Also, the red flower that's been exposed at the back of the guitar where your elbow would be when you play - what does anyone make of that? Could it signify authenticity somehow? If this is the quality of fakes coming out of the far east now...
Looks authentic to me.
post #769 of 935 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 01:35 PM

yep - I have to say it looks to be the real deal.
post #770 of 935 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 12:04 AM

I suspect this might be a knock off but I leave it to the experts here to decide.
I just have never seen one with a gold,thread in bar and gold plated fine tuners.
post #771 of 935 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 05:29 AM

Fakey indeed.
post #772 of 935 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 07:46 AM

Reviews: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLH_1976 View Post

I suspect this might be a knock off but I leave it to the experts here to decide.
I just have never seen one with a gold,thread in bar and gold plated fine tuners.
yep and has a 1200 bid on it too. poor idiot who did that.
post #773 of 935 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 09:17 AM

Reviews: 3

That bridge is a dead give away. Nice fake stickers on the back of the neck. I wonder if the guy selling it got taken and now he's trying to get rid of it?
post #774 of 935 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 01:24 PM

Do you guys ever report the fakes to ebay?
post #775 of 935 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 02:07 PM

Reviews: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swirltop View Post
Do you guys ever report the fakes to ebay?
Absolutely!!
post #776 of 935 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverctr View Post
Absolutely!!
OK I do every time I see one so I was just curious. I'd hate to see people get ripped off by scumbags like that....
post #777 of 935 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 08:58 PM

I was wondering the same thing that GuitarGuru mentioned. I bet the dude got taken and was trying to recover his lost money. He may not have even known it was fake. Dishonesty totally stinks!
post #778 of 935 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 10:33 PM

Quote:
I was wondering the same thing that GuitarGuru mentioned. I bet the dude got taken and was trying to recover his lost money. He may not have even known it was fake. Dishonesty totally stinks!
I actually contacted the seller of that guitar. He had no idea it was a fake and when I explained the problems with it he pulled the listing. The dude seems pretty straight up so far. I guess we'll see if it gets relisted
post #779 of 935 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 11:21 PM

The dishonesty thing was more toward whoever cheated that dude as I'm sure he paid top dollar for it. There's a fake Les Paul Standard hanging in a local music store that a guy brought in to trade. He had no clue it was fake and said he paid $2,000+ for it! How messed up is that?
post #780 of 935 (permalink) Old 01-24-2013, 11:29 PM

Quote:
The dishonesty thing was more toward whoever cheated that dude as I'm sure he paid top dollar for it. There's a fake Les Paul Standard hanging in a local music store that a guy brought in to trade. He had no clue it was fake and said he paid $2,000+ for it! How messed up is that?
Yeah man it's pretty F'ed up that people are constantly on the lookout for the next way to scam people out of their cash instead of making an honest living. I almost got scammed before I knew anything a lot about Ibanez. I paid for an auction for a "Prestige" and it was a prestige neck on an rg350 body with an edgeIII trem. I got my money back before the guy shipped it, but I report every damn fake I see on ebay now...

Tags
auction , chibanez , clone , copy , fake

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode