Is this a scam??? HELP ME OUT~!! - Jemsite
Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 09:19 PM Thread Starter

Is this a scam??? HELP ME OUT~!!

I'm not sure,
but I'm selling my JEM on an auction site.
This guy sends me a e-mail asking if it was okay to send money through credit card. Is it possiable to be scamed through credit card, and him seems to have very poor english, well, woser then me. I once got a e-mail from another person asking if he could send money through credit card, and he said he was from Indonisa. If I remeber clearly there were some scams going on with ppl from that area just not a while ago. I do not know if this is the same guy, but they had different e-mails. I wanted to know if it was possiable to scamed through visa.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 09:29 PM

Don't
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 09:30 PM

Don't
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 09:38 PM
site founder 0% owner

Reviews: 1
Re: Is this a scam??? HELP ME OUT~!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwannabe
Is this a scam???
is water wet? yes you are being scammed by use of a stolen credit card... glen
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

okay, thanx,
i told him i only accept money order.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 08-25-2003, 09:52 PM
Vendor

If it was from Indonesia you'd have known, but it's not? There are plenty of honest citizens around the world, and paying by credit card is far the easiest and cheapest way for them to pay. Unfortunately in most cases it's extremely difficult to determine if it's a good card or not. You can always have them fax a clear copy of the front and back of the card and their drivers license, I do on the extremely rare occations I've taken an international charge. Bottom line is you can expect 0 help from whoever actually runs the transaction for you if things don't go right.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Similar Searches

People searched for this, also searched for these:

is rino88 a scam
rinkya scam?
is pgm power play a scam

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode