<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk

Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

Old 01-11-2013, 05:09 PM

Talking

SUCCESS STORY! I BEAT A FRAUDSTER - Carlos vs "Marsa"

Here is the update and outcome of my claim against a member here "Marsa" selling me an LNG Jem that was never his:

After paying by a personal payment of 3000 Canadian Dollars which PayPal claimed that because I did not pay fees, I had no protection. They chose to initially ignore my claim case due to this.

Consumer law states in most nations that I am protected against not receipt of goods and against fraud and also Sale of Goods Act Laws in the UK and Consumer laws in also most nations.

After PayPal case was to my surprise despite me submitting evidence and calls to PayPal Canada and UK PayPal, they awarded the case to the fraudulent seller. This understandably to anybody angered me. After a Police investigation, they decided that because international, they could not pursue either.

I then immediately drove to my bank and explained what happened and they informed me that regardless of method of payment, as long as by debit or credit, they can initiate a chargeback and reverse a payment up to 3 months later. This in turn will reverse a paypal payment made and the seller was verified on PayPal which means there is an end source to claim back from.

I submitted 40 pages of evidence in order ranging from close up inspection of colour changes to photoshopped images all the way to website screen shots, messages, emails and any phone numbers and paypal screen shots of transactions to make a claim worthy of being in a court. I even set them out in a court format so that If not successful, I would have submitted to the small claims court.

Subsequently, HSBC, then told me that that is sufficient evidence to reverse the transaction so..

I WIN! They are now pursuing funds back and if not recoverable, using all resources to pursue criminal acts to recover funds internationally with HSBC in Canada and so on.

It just goes to show... no matter how you pay, it can be recovered. Your bank want your money in your bank and not in the hands of some punk. Thanks a lot HSBC. I knew you guys were good despite laundering lots of money to Mexican drug lords.

I owe the guy at my bank a bottle of champagne!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:40 PM

Re: SUCCESS STORY! I BEAT A FRAUDSTER - Carlos vs "Marsa"

Wow.... I wouldnt want to go thru all that hassle just to buy a guitar and get cheated....
Old 01-11-2013, 05:40 PM
Stealthtastic  is online

Why on earth would you send someone with no reputation 3k gifted? Thats cool you won and all but..rly
Old 01-11-2013, 05:47 PM
(a)
Classified Watchdog

That is great news. It is always a very good idea to pay with a credit card for most things due to the buyer protections a lot of card companies and banks offer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosyabrudy View Post
I owe the guy at my bank a bottle of champagne!
I think instead of champagne, they'd rather you open another account!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:49 PM
(a)
Vendor

I think you should save the bubbly until the cash is actually back in your account
Old 01-11-2013, 05:54 PM

Reviews: 11

Congrats thus far but it seems that your ordeal isn't completely over with yet, I hope that you successfully recover the funds.
And also I have taken chances with purchases, and have never gotten burned. I always make sure I get an ENORMOUS amount of details before payment though such as specific pictures with the days newspaper in front of it, or other specific details. Be safe and do your due diligence before spending that much money!
Old 01-11-2013, 05:59 PM

Get the tracking number of the item first.. Check it with the postal company then you pay...
Old 01-11-2013, 06:39 PM

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich View Post
I think you should save the bubbly until the cash is actually back in your account
It is in my account. All of it. I checked an hour ago
Old 01-11-2013, 06:40 PM
(a)
Vendor

Then pop that cork!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djanggo View Post
Get the tracking number of the item first.. Check it with the postal company then you pay...
Who in their right mind would dispatch an item before payment is made? I first had doubts when the "seller" said he couldn't make it and the next day DHL said there was nothing.....
Old 01-11-2013, 06:42 PM

To celebrate ill trade my c350 in and buy a c63! Show me the moneyyy!!!!!
Old 01-11-2013, 06:42 PM

After all the trouble you go thru to recover your money back, you should get disbursement and not just $3000....
Old 01-11-2013, 06:50 PM

Can always retrieve or stop the delivery if payment not made by certain time
Old 01-12-2013, 01:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by djanggo View Post
Can always retrieve or stop the delivery if payment not made by certain time
Nobody in their right mind would ship a guitar before the payment cleared.
Old 01-12-2013, 01:47 AM

Reviews: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gojira View Post
Nobody in their right mind would ship a guitar before the payment cleared.
I've only had a couple people do it, he's right, nearly nobody will do that. I know I never would.

Tags
ibanez jem777lng fraud

Show/Hide Posting Rules