<back   Jemsite > Buy, Sell or Trade > Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk

Vendors, Auction & Reseller Talk Not for posting JEM/UV ads. Not for posting dealer/broker ads. Not for advertising ebay auctions. This is to chat about resellers, various gear in question, odd items or the people selling them.

Old 10-27-2010, 02:32 PM

Re: what happened to Darren from ATD? [trying to contact him]

Anyone got any news?
Old 03-05-2011, 09:53 AM

Darren sent me some pictures of jem/universe guitar bodies which are made for me.
Old 03-05-2011, 09:58 AM

He started his web page?
http://www.atdswirl.com/
Old 03-05-2011, 10:47 AM
(a)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoichi Kosuge View Post
He started his web page?
http://www.atdswirl.com/
No, that's his old website and is not up to date.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:32 AM

Situation update: some months ago, i've been contacted back again from Darren (wow!): after 8 years of waiting...he finally did, he posted some picture of "my" body, ready for shipment!
well: the swirl wasn't as requested.
and the body type too.
After several mails where i've tried to explain -after 8 years- what i would expect (an aanj body with a jem universe swilrl basically) even giving him a range of ready bodies i've picked from his pics, that would be satisfying as well if he had no ones ready as per my description (after 8 years of waiting, you can become less picky)....and after his replays telling me to wait "few weeks", he disappeared again...no replays to my mails, neither to my facebook messages (even if i've seen him online)...
It's have been more than 1 month and an half ago...
Eventually we have different concepts of "few".

Signal lost
Old 06-25-2012, 12:13 PM

I was going to contact him to see if he had any finished bodies for sale, but it does appear that he's not been around for a bit. I would assume that he probably has a hellacious backlog of work to get done for all the folks that were waiting. He did only make the announcement of his return a few months ago. I understand that it's got to be extremely frustrating for all those waiting, but it could also be that he's go a mountain of work at his feet as well. Painting, clearing, sanding and buffing is very time consuming and if he's got a bunch to do I feel for him. I hope everything works out all the way around. I hope you guys all get your stuff, and I hope Darren will make his creations available to all of us agian.

Tags
addario strings, alder body, atd swirl, atd swirls, christopher woods, clear coat, cosmo hardware, guitar body, herc fede, jim donahue, john petrucci, john petrucci model, petrucci model, swirled body

Show/Hide Posting Rules