ada mp1 - Jemsite
Gear and Equipment Gear & equipment disussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 06:27 PM Thread Starter
Banned

ada mp1

im thinking about changing my amplification,at the moment im using a line6 flextone111 amp,its a nice amp but i fancy getting into rack equipment.so i like this ada mp1 its awsome for 1980's tone.ive never used rack stuff before so what do i need to buy.ok so i buy a ada mp1 now what do i need to go with it.will it plug into the back of my amp or will i need a seperate power amp plus a cabinet ????.also this ada mp1 does it have chorus delay harmonizer reverb ect ect.as you can tell im very novicey when it comes to rack gear so more advice the better,thanks for your time guys,rob
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 06:48 PM

Re: ada mp1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob777vdy View Post
im thinking about changing my amplification,at the moment im using a line6 flextone111 amp,its a nice amp but i fancy getting into rack equipment.so i like this ada mp1 its awsome for 1980's tone.ive never used rack stuff before so what do i need to buy.ok so i buy a ada mp1 now what do i need to go with it.will it plug into the back of my amp or will i need a seperate power amp plus a cabinet ????.also this ada mp1 does it have chorus delay harmonizer reverb ect ect.as you can tell im very novicey when it comes to rack gear so more advice the better,thanks for your time guys,rob
Hi, I bought an MP-1 myself recently and I'm getting a noise mod done to it this weekend, my fingers are crossed on this one, and well it does have chorus but that's it. Get some nice tubes in it and it's a nice eighties sounding preamp dude, better than almost anyting in it's price range... you can't beat tube crunch and distortion in my opinion. mine's a hissing, noisy little f*** but I hope to get that sorted out this weekend like I mentioned.

Regards,
Nelson
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 07:31 PM

Reviews: 39

That's pretty much the basics, rob. Preamp+poweramp+cab=sound. Everything is up to your tastes. (except for recording, I think the ADA has a recording out...)

Anything else is addons to add flair, flash, or functionality. A power conditioner to help regulate power, maybe 2-3db of noise. A rack tuner. Rackmounted multi-effects. Rack noise reducers, etc etc. Once you go rack, there are all sorts of options. I keep my rack simple though (even though i have a 12u case). I prefer my pedals for effects... Racks can get addicting though, since you have soooo many options.

Get a good tube poweramp though for maximum tone though. That's my $0.02.

Last edited by SonicProvocateur; 04-30-2010 at 07:31 PM. Reason: additional info
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 04-30-2010, 11:52 PM

It can be plugged into your existing amp via the effect loop if it has one.
Obviously plugging through the front input is a no no as you will running a pre-amp into a pre-amp,it will sound craptastic.
A Tube power amp is essential for the best tone it has to offer + quality tubes in the ADA.

The best noise mod to beat the hiss is a ISP Decimator pedal before the input of the ADA.
Guitar > ISP Decimator > ADA.

This is the way i run mine.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-01-2010, 12:26 AM

I will be purchasing a Mesa 2/90 this weekend to power my newly modded Ada 3.666.
I can't wait to hear it with a great poweramp!
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-04-2010, 04:59 PM Thread Starter
Banned

ok guys thanks a lot for the awsome input rob
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-06-2010, 06:16 PM

When i was running my rack i used an ada mp1, a peavey 50/50, furman powerconditioner, and a bbe sonic maximizer. The BBE is killer, and most power amps are capable of powering any kind of cab.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 05-07-2010, 02:49 PM

Reviews: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmax View Post
and a bbe sonic maximizer. The BBE is killer,
+1, helped my MP1's a lot. Once your use to it, you can't stand having it "off" anymore.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Jemsite forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address

IMPORTANT: You will be required to activate your account so please ensure that your email address is correct.

If you do not receive your activation check your spam folder before using the CONTACT US form (at the bottom right of each page).

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode