Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Analog delay all the way

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Praetorian 
#1 ·
Hey guys, it's been a long time since I've posted on here. But I thought I'd start it off again with a topic I've been turning over in my head for a little bit now. See, I went and got myself a Keeley modded Ibanez AD-9...or whatever number their analog delay is. And the thing sounds amazing, don't get me wrong..but my only complaint about it is that it doesn't go nearly slow enough for me. I don't know if that makes any sense...I mean it doesn't have enough delay time. You can turn the delay up so high that you can't even tell it's on, but you can only turn it down to a relatively short delay. And I mean to the point where I can't play some slow songs with it. It can do Eddie shredding all day but try the quieter stuff and it just doesn't make the cut.

I've been looking at the Electro-Harmonix Memory Man for my next one, a friend has one and what I remember from it, it was amazing. Good old 80's analog gear...I'm telling ya, that's where it is, man! This modern digital nonsense just doesn't do it for me. So if anyone has one, or a similar analog delay, do tell me your experience with it.

And on that note...anyone want a Keeley modded AD-9? Haha. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.