<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Gear and Equipment

Gear and Equipment Gear & equipment disussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

Old 12-18-2012, 11:49 AM

Reviews: 7

Re: Anyone else like the Transtube amps by Peavey?

I dig that white strat. I have a black one almost like it except it's black. Love those maple necks, etc,..
Cool Video's man.. Keep it up..
Old 12-18-2012, 11:53 AM

I hate youtube. I can't get signed in. Pisses me off. I have an email address that's managed by my ISP and for some reason they decided I can't use it for signing into Youtube, although it works for the rest of Googles stuff.. Go figure. So, now I have to sign in with an alternate email addy. I hate that..
Tim
Old 12-18-2012, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
Cool GuitarMegaddon.

I love the video man. Do the rest of the video's use the same amp? I still think I'll just get the 1 x 12 bandit and use pedals, but I like the Vyper..
Tim
Thanks, I'm only playing at about 2 or so,, not very loud but for an 8 inch combo it sounds great. I'm sure a 12 inch speaker would kill. I am thinking of replacing the 8 with a 10 just to see how it sounds, but yeah, all my vids are done with the Vypyr. I'f I was going to use pedals , I would go with a Bandit too. Like I said, I have one of those and love it!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:35 AM

Hey Guitarmageddon.
I am thinking of getting a rage to practice on. But now that I've seen you're vyper I'm considering it. Have you had any problems with it? If you don't mind me asking, how loud is your bandit? I mean, can you play small gigs you think and it be loud enough for staying up with a loud drummer?
Tim
Old 01-12-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy View Post
Hey Guitarmageddon.
I am thinking of getting a rage to practice on. But now that I've seen you're vyper I'm considering it. Have you had any problems with it? If you don't mind me asking, how loud is your bandit? I mean, can you play small gigs you think and it be loud enough for staying up with a loud drummer?
Tim
The bandit is plenty loud for playing with a band. if you were planning on throwing some pedals down I would go with that, you can even use an extension cab with it,, If you want more options as far as what your amp sounds like, I would get a Vypyr, one of the 12inch speaker models. those can bank a ton of presets that you can custom make with effects and everything. check out some demos of those 30 watt vypyrs on youtube if you haven't already..pretty amazing. oh, and never had a problem with any Peavey amp or cab I've ever owned.
Old 01-12-2013, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Yeah, Peavey gets a bad rap sometimes and I'm not sure why.. But, they have some killer stuff.. I was watching an old video of Whitesnake with Steve Vai just to check out the solo's by adrian vandenberg, etc, and noticed that on the extra's section they show them in the studio, and almost all of their stuff was Peavey being used. Of course, Adrian was a peavey sponser, but they were using a lot of Peavey stuff..
Tim
On that note I have a few of Adrians guitars. They were hand made by Peavey and he used them throughout the 80-90's on tour and NAMM. I got them in 95(ish) and still pull them out every now and again. Damn fine guitars to say the least.....

~JH
Old 07-07-2013, 06:21 PM

i'll probably buy one soon, is there any SS better in this price?
Old 07-23-2013, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmr View Post
i'll probably buy one soon, is there any SS better in this price?

I got one, it sounds really great.

Tags
peavey, transtube

Show/Hide Posting Rules