Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Celestion Speakers

2K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  riggaz 
#1 ·
I'm looking at replacing 4 "12 's in my guitar cab. I'm not to sure on what kind of speakers to get and how big of a difference they make? Anyone have any suggestions for a metal head?

#2 ·
I have 4 12" Eminence speakers for sale in the selling section

2- 12" Man o WAR (Celestion G12T-75 equivilent) just like the Marshall 1960 cabs only 150 watts each not 75
2- Modeling 12"s 150 watts each, put these in the top of your cab and you have a 4X12 from hell; spewing fire and brimstone.

I just don't play METAL so they didn't work for me so well.....

$200 for all 4 shipped

#4 ·
I think the Celestion site has samples of various speakers. I've got some Hellatone 60's from Avatar which are broken in Vintage30's. Great full tone with a lot of warmth. Not the tinny highs.

A lot of guys use an X pattern of Vin 30 and Greenbacks to get the best of both worlds.

#5 ·
I'm buying a new cab and I was thinking about using 2 Celestions Hot 100. Are they any good? I'm running on a low budget...so...V30 aren't a choice really... :( Anyway, it's going to be a 4x12 cab but I'm putting just 2 speakers now, by the end of the year I'm planning to buy another amp (distorted sounds, already have an incredible all clean all tube 70's amp xD) and add the other 2 speakers (2 Hot 100 again), add an A/B pedal and viola! hehehe

#8 ·
Celestion Vintage 30's are the classic speakers for metal / thrash music pal. Hemp speakers are supposed to sound great however at the moment the only supplier is Tone Tubby and they are a bit pricey but are a favourite with the top guitar boys like clapton and santana. Celestion G12 Century Vintages are suposed to be amazing as well, they have the neodymium magnet on them which is very powerful but very light so it wont take four men to move your amp around, also at 98db per watt will go bloody loud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.