Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Difference Between Zoom G9 And The G-System?

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  sugizo_esp 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me what is the difference between those two. I have no idea what is the difference....

#4 ·
hm, as I can remmeber Steve Vai used Zoom 9050, Satriani recorded Crayin' on Zoom 9030 and that suppose to be just demo track but that was so good that THEY PUT IT ON CD, Jenifer Batten used also Zoom 9030, and everybody used Zoom 9002 ( from Paul Gilbert to Alex Scolnick and beyond !)

#7 ·
The Zoom G9.2TT is a prea-amp/FX unit, using two tubes in the pre-amp section. And it can also simultate pwoer-amp/cabinet. Using USB you could go directly into a computer, or line-out into a mixing desk.

The TC-electronic G-system is FX only, no pre-amp. No amp/cabinet simulator. But it does allow you to patch other units into loops, from stomp-boxes to (pre-)amps to other FX units.

They are quite incomparable in that sense. Also note that the Zoom has a great deal more competition (Vox Tonelab, Boss GT8, Digitech GNX3000)

So it depends on the rest of your gear, if you have no decent amp, no great distrortion stomp boxes, or like to record directly, the Zoom would be perfect. But it would still require a decent poweramp to complete a normal set-up. It's no fun playing with headphones ;)

If you already have a great amp and distortion pedals, then the G-system could add TC quality effects AND function as the hub of your rig.

It think the Zoom does about 95% of what you need as a guitarist, so if you have very little it's great. But if you already have everything, the TC is a great addition.

#9 ·
just a bit to add
if you are a professional and have the money to invest, G-System is one great thing

but if you are on budget, or just semi-pro. the g9.2 serves just as good
Kiko Loureiro of Angra is an Endorser of the G9.2, althought he bypass the amp & cab sim and just use it as an multifx unit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.