6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  mar01 
#1 ·
hi everybody
i started a thread some time ago about rp350 vs boss me-50

now i've chaged a bit mi mind and have to decide for one of these :p

i can get a korg ax1500g for U$D250
boss me-50 for U$D400

(both at my local music store)

and finally a digitech gnx2 on the bay which would be arround U$D330 including the the unit itself, shipping and taxes (i'm from argentina)

what would you do an why?
personal experiences with any of them appreciated

thanks a lot!

#5 · (Edited)
Hi! I'M FROM ARGENTINA TOO!!! Bs As though...xD
Well I own a GNX2 and it sounds great, as long as you take the time to tweak it right and create your own amp models and patches. What amp do you have? That's an important thing... it will sound very crappy with a marshall valvestate for example...the best thing would be to plug it in the return of an effects loops or the input of an all clean tube amp. I have a vintage all tube argentinian head from the 70s (nothing but volume treble and bass xD mint condition, new tubes) and I get the sound I want and need. It adds warmth and depth to the sound of the GNX2. You can hear it here:

http://www.purevolume.com/lateral
http://www.myspace.com/lateralargentina

We recorded our first record using my GNX2 into the input of this amp and into a 4x12 loaded with V30s, miced with two 57s (one close, the other not too far away) and an 112 (far away). I'm quite satisfied with the final sound, keeping in mind I didn't use way too expensive equipment that would fit our style such as a Rectifier...
Haven't tried the RP or the ME-50, but I tend to dislike boss effects...except the MIJ pedals...get one of those old DS-1 and it is tone heaven!
I forgot to ask...do you want to use it primary for the effects or the distortions too? Are you planning to use your amp's distortion and add the multi-fx effects?

#7 ·
i love you too wishmistress (L)

as for my setup
i've got an Electrovox Valvetech 100-R head with an "ionic" 4x12 box
which sounds fairly nice
i want the pedalboard mainly to be able to use wah, and have different sounds for rythm and lead.

also, as i'm quite open for musical styles I want to be able to have some pink floyd/zeppelin distortions and some metal distortions withouth having to move amp settings each time i play a different song (doing this live is a pain in the ass).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.