Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Digitech GNX3000 vs Boss GT-6 vs Korg AX3000

12K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  martyfriedman86 
#1 ·
Which would you choose?
anybody owns one of these?

Thanks

#4 ·
If you're happy with your amps tones, go for the GT6. It allows you to put effects before or after the amps preamp section. Great feature for a budget unit, you can put wah etc up front, and chorus/delay etc in the loop.

The amp sims arent great though, so if you're after a modeller, go with something else.

#5 ·
hmmm.. all of them are the good ones of each brand... i have the ax1500g which is the little brother of ax3000.. well to me both of them have the same stuff except for sum additional features in ax3000.. but iv tried the ax 3000g..hmm to me its rating would be 8.5/10... (WELL THE EFFECTS PART ARE GREAT)only the wah is crappy

ive also played with the gnx3000.. well build.. i like the metal preset called dreamtheather ..i luv the crunch &crisp sound of its distortion drive. fer this iwould go for 8.5

the boss.. well the gt6.. i think is the best of all..

#12 ·
Yup, I have a GNX2. It is capable of sounding good as long as you work hard with your presets and you have a proper amp; with the GNX2 your choices are to plug it into the power amp section of a "clean" SS or tube amp (I found it almost impossible to get a good sound out of it when plugged into a Marshall :S valvestate, mg, jcm 900, you name it :S:S:S) or to go into the input of an all tube truly clean amp. I found this last choice to be the best sounding one, I use it that way; it takes the "plastic", "digital" sound that the GNX2 (as well as any other Digitech product) has and adds tube's warmth to it.
Check this:

http://www.purevolume.com/lateral
http://www.myspace.com/lateralargentina

I recorded those tracks using the GNX2 into the input of my all tube head into a 4x12 cab loaded with Vintage 30s miced with two 57s (one close one not too far away) and an 112 (far away). I think I got a "believable" sound out of the sort of equipment you'll never use in an ideal situation (let's face: it's impossible in this country to own a Rectifier or any other tipe of hi gain amp, say Bogner for example, so that kind of nu metal/nu rock/alternative rock sounds must be produced with something else...I'm more than interested in testing the Vintage Electric Nu Twin tough...and see if it sounds good...still, a LOT of money :S)

#13 ·
I had a GNX3000 and I could get some good tones out of it, that's about it. The direct recording sounded horrible and the unit was built like crap. Every time I used the expression pedal it sounded like it was going to break. Have you thought about the PODXT Live? That's what I wish I would have bought instead? Otherwise, go for the Boss.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.