<back   Jemsite > Guitars and Gear > Gear and Equipment

Gear and Equipment Gear & equipment disussed here. Amps, pedals, whatever.

Old 07-13-2004, 05:04 AM

Digitech RP7 question?

i think of buying a RP7 on ebay...

but what are your experiences about this item?do u suggest me to get it? i'm asking this i've heard that it turs to out of order state in Turkey because of power unit doesnt work well...it also may be cause of power system in Turkey either...
Old 07-13-2004, 03:11 PM

I have some experience with the RP6, RP10, RP12, 2101, 2120 and with a crappy 1U rackmount pitch ****er unit.

My advice: donīt buy Digitech.

Forgot to menction the C1.
Old 07-13-2004, 04:41 PM

my buddy bought a digitech floorboard and it stopped working in like 6 months
Old 07-14-2004, 09:10 AM

really ????????????

its totally terrible!!!!horrible.......i have biddedwhat should i do now?
Old 07-14-2004, 10:44 AM

(I guess its ok now. Iīve just corrected the typing mistakes.)

6 months is a lot of time. The expression pedal on my RPīs 6 and 12 started making a nhec-nhec noise in the first day. The knob of the 2101 fell off after the 1st month and the C1 was a good and nice piece of junk. The display used to stop working. I know 2 other 2101 owners and they used to have the same issues. The 2120 looks pretty cool but sounds like a toy. All those units were like a huge puzzle and they f*** with the guitar signal.

The Lexicon MPX G2 is pretty tricky IMO, but not as much as the RPīs and the 2101. And it sounds a lot better.

The only Digitech that works pretty well is the Whammy IMO.

If youīve bidded, donīt buy if youīre the winner. Nothingīs gonna happen.

Do you really want a versatile floor multi-FX with a expression pedal? Get a Boss GT-5! itīs not like the G-Force but IMO itīs the best floor multi-FX ever made. It sounds great if you conect it into a power-amp (Mesa or VHT) like I did once.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3735077225

Update:

The GT-6 (that Adamcbest menctioned) is a great unit as well. Iīve tested one with a Road King head and itīs easy to use, cheap and extremely versatile. The owner of the Road King head connects the GT-6 using the 4-cable connection. I donīt know what exactly is that but it works pretty fine and sounds great. Iīve asked him to play his RK without the GT-6 and I realised that it doesnīt change the quality of the guitar signal at all. Thatīs very good and important.

I suggested you to try the GT-5 because of that unit on Ebay for 299 (Buy it now), but itīs your choice. I would buy if I was in the US at the moment but Iīm not The GTīs 5 and 6 wonīt let you down; Iīm pretty sure.

The GT-3 that I had in the past was a hell lot better than the 2101 for example. I donīt have it anymore because Iīm trying to put a rack together. I just dont want you to spend a lot of money with Digicraps, Zooms or DODīs. Mere toys.
Old 07-14-2004, 03:14 PM

i dunno.. 6 months to me even seems like a short time.. i've had my GT6 for over a year and have had absolutely no problems with it. i've never had the gt5 but it's boss.. so it's gotta be good. i'm moving away from multi effects boards. so my gt6 will probably be sold soon. it'll probably look brand new if i just wipe off some of the crud that has built up .

Nienturi, Mandrack is right. Don't buy that thing, find a way to retract your bid or something. i just looked up the Digitech rp7 to see which one it was... it's the same one another buddy of mine has... sounds like garbage and is very staticy. Stick with boss for multi-effects pedals. Most people who review boss pedals say they are pretty much indestructible, and i agree.. hope this helps
Old 07-14-2004, 08:54 PM

Are you building a rack or a pedalboard? Im thinking about buying a G-Major...
Old 07-14-2004, 10:03 PM

i just bought a new Mark IV head. so i'm in the process of looking into my options for gear. right now i don't do much with effects. the only effect i use often is delay which will be taken care of with a boss dd3. I have an old crybaby original i use.. but it's in crap shape so i'm looking into a new wah pedal. i've thought about a rack but i don't really have much that will go into it at this point. the only things i've considered are a BBE sonic maximizer (which i might not bother with) and a tuner. i can't justify buying a g major or similar, cause i would hardly use it, though i hear they are awesome. here is kinda the setup i'm may be looking at soon

guitar --> ZVex Super Hard On (output 1) --> Wah --> MARK IV --> (loop) DD3 --> BBE Maximizer (return)

guitar --> ZVex Super Hard On (output 2) ---> Tuner

the dd3 and sonic maximizer may be switched as well as the wah and Hard on. I'm not sure which is the best setup for those yet. i'm not even sure if i'll do anythign with a rack yet. i'm still waiting for my amp to come in.. it's on back order.. bleh.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 4 cable setup of the gt6 is interesting.. it sends the amp preamp into the gt6 as an external OD/DS setting instead of the gt6 built in ones. Then you can add all the effects you want and send the whole signal back to the amp.. now instead of controlling all the preamp sound with the gt6 you can control your main tone with the amp channels and tone controls... there is a more detailed description here:

http://www.bossgtcentral.com/modules...page&amp;pid=1

it's pretty slick. i used this when i had my Marshall TSL601.. I hated the sound of that amp, but i thought the 4 cable method made it sound a bit better.
Old 07-15-2004, 09:13 AM

what about other boss effects?
Old 07-15-2004, 09:14 AM

what about other boss effects? you say all good and i trust you,but boss ones little more expensive,hmm?ok its no big problem if equipment is working,but still a affects me
Old 07-15-2004, 10:09 AM

as far as i know.. there is no "bad" boss pedal. i haven't tried them all. all of them have the same strong construction, and you definitely won't have any problems with them not working for you. as far as the sound of each effect, it's subjective. for some effects, most will say that the boss is the pedal of choice. for others pedals, some people will say they are medicore and you should go for a different pedal, but a lot of time the pedals they mention cost more. effects are something you have to try yourself. we can only give you suggestions on things to try.. you have to make the final decision based on the things you like about each.

i don't think you will disappointed in the least with boss stuff for sound and durability. figure out what kinds of effects you want to get and do a forum search on here and check out www.harmony-central.com. you can find reviews and comments for just about any piece of equipment on there.

Definitely do extensive research on anything you buy, or you'll end up like me with a bunch of spontaneously bought crap that you have to get rid of for dirt cheap.. don't let that happen

another interesting link..

www.guitargeek.com

check out the top 100 rigs in the right hand column. it shows bunches of different artists' setups for concerts, studio, etc. notice, just about everyone has a boss pedal of some kind. another thing you'll notice is that the only digitech effect you ever see is the Whammy; which as mandrak said, is the only good digitech pedal..

hope this helps
Old 07-15-2004, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nienturi
what about other boss effects?
Check the Boss VF-1.
Old 07-15-2004, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamcbest
i just bought a new Mark IV head. so i'm in the process of looking into my options for gear. right now i don't do much with effects. the only effect i use often is delay which will be taken care of with a boss dd3. I have an old crybaby original i use.. but it's in crap shape so i'm looking into a new wah pedal. i've thought about a rack but i don't really have much that will go into it at this point. the only things i've considered are a BBE sonic maximizer (which i might not bother with) and a tuner. i can't justify buying a g major or similar, cause i would hardly use it, though i hear they are awesome.

Congrats! That head is great! Maybe you dont need a Maximizer, but it can be interesting. Iīd like to try one.
Old 07-15-2004, 06:50 PM

yeah the sonic maximizer would be the last thing if i even decide to get it. i hear that they do the most good on full rack setups and solid state stuff. never tried one though.. so we'll see.
Old 07-17-2004, 12:51 PM

do i need a foot controller for bossVF-1 24-bit effect unit?

on the other hand i won the bidding.but i not gonna buy it.i cant with all i've read...

now i think of buying cheap VF-1...or hows these...?

"Boss PRO SE-50 Stereo Effects Processor with power cord "
"GT-3"
"j-station"
"Boss GX-700"
or a POD????

essentially i can use $100-150 for this on ebay.shortly what can i get best???

Tags
bbe sonic, bbe sonic maximizer, boss pedal, boss pedals, electric guitar, expression pedal, lexicon mpx, marshall tsl, midi foot, pod pro, rack setup, sonic maximizer, wah pedal

Show/Hide Posting Rules