i know your choices will be different depending on amps, pups, music taste etc.. but the thing is I can only purchase my stuff online, no way to test it live so here goes. oh and choices are limited cos ordering from overseas is quite expensive (i'm somewhere in the jungles of Borneo).
looking for a distortion pedal for my setup as below:
- RG550 with stock V7/S1/V8 pups, basswood body, rosewood fingerboard.
- Marshall MG15FX amp (distortion are a bit all over the place, like the delay & other fx though)
- right now playing lots of maiden stuff.
- other times: Lamb of God, metallica, hendrix, gary moore, ac/dc, nirvana
- MXR fullbore metal/78 custom badass/dist III
- Barber Dirty Bomb
- Analogman Boss DS-1
- EHX Metal Muff
- Rocktron Zombie/Metal Planet
- Proco RAT
so if you guys have any other suggestions or comments, please feel free. just 1 dist pedal versatile enough to last me years and can give me range of tones.