Ibanez JEM Forum banner

GAS attack

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  Aussie_Rocker 
#1 ·
So I went to the local guitar store with my friend today to try out some guitars, he was starting a new band and was trying some Tokias. Anyway while I was looking round I saw the Ibanez mtm2, I tired it out and thought it was pretty good value for money and with a fixed bridge there was not much to go wrong. Then the GAS kicks in as I leave the store I'm thinking I'd really like to buy that guitar and buy the time I was in the car I was thinking about new amps effects etc.
So my question is do you think that may i should;
a) resist the temptation of buying new stuff
b) buy something small (weeping demon)
c) buy the guitar

I'm trying to avoid spending money at the moment but thats not to say I can't afford to. Please help cure my GAS!

#8 ·

The other thing that I like about the WD is you can dial in the sound you want it to be like. It has Ibanez's tone-loc knobs. You can use the pedal like a traditional wah, stepping on the on/off switch and do the wah that way, or you can switch it to where it the wah pedal will spring down (in it's off position) and only comes one when you use the wah pedal. That way you don't have to constantly turn it off and on to use it.

#9 ·
I'm trying to avoid spending money at the moment but thats not to say I can't afford to. Please help cure my GAS!
So are you answering your own question? ;)

I think you only live once and if you'll be really bummed about passing up something you really want and it doesn't put you out, GO FOR IT!

If you are trying to NOT spend the money then DON'T.

#12 ·
Hard, sustained practice cures gas. Get Petrucci's "Wild Stringdom" and learn all the stuff in that.

Only spending money and practice cure gas, so decide what you have more of, time or money, and choose wisely.

jim
Jim, that is the best advice I have heard in a long time =) If you do end up buying the MTM2 though, please PM me some pics. I have a MTM1 and was toying around with picking up a 2 for a matching set ;p

Best of luck making your decision =)

#15 ·
Also, don't buy stuff if you really don't have the cash for it. There's nothing worse than going into debt just to buy a new guitar. If you have the cash, be wise and don't spend all your money at one time. If you feel that you have to have it all at the same time, shop for some stuff new (like the guitar) and buy the other stuff used (pedals and maybe a small amp). That way, you can save some money and still have enough equipment to play. FYI, Fender has the G-DEC Junior for $179.00 USD, so that might be an amp looking into for a first amp.

Good luck!

Jimmy:smile:

#16 ·
this is what i think - you have exams soon, thus you need to study! If you buy a new piece of gear, you're gonna want to play with it and not actually study and s u ck at the tests. don't. wait until you're done. i waited until the school year was over before buying my gt-8

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.