Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Has Anyone Seen These Before?

1K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  jim777 
#1 ·
I picked up a lighted Steve Vai sign a while back- it's about 2 ft by 1 ft and about 3 inches deep - The (color) pic from the P&W era and is Steve playing a black UV with a red backround and lightning bolts. It's a real pic with lights behind it like a beer sign.

It looks like something you'd see in a music store as a promo- and I believe it's from Ibanez.

Anyway, I may have posted about this along time ago, but can't find anything.

Anyone know about these lighted poster/pix?

#5 ·
It's a translight. There are 4 versions that I know of. The 2 US versions are Steve with the UV7BK and Joe on an LA rooftop at dusk with a Donnie. Then there are 2 overseas versions, Steve with a VWH with his swashbuckler shirt on, and Joe with a JS6, both from catalog shoots.

#10 ·

I'd imagine that would go for several hundred....possibly even close to a grand, but I'm not expert. I know it's a rare piece. I've seen only one before. My suggestion is to keep it, but if you need the money put it up on the bay for about 29 days so EVERYONE knows it's there and can bid on it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.