Hi, i want to get a new multifx pedalboard,
This are my options:

Line 6 Pod xt live
Zoom g9.2tt
Vox tonelab se
Boss gt8
Digitech gnx3000
Digitech gnx4

Right now im intested on the zoom, because of the integrated tubes. Because ive always have used digital stuff, and would like to try something more oraganic.

I stated the line 6 cuz im wanting to get a variax guitar too, so, ill be using this one as the interface.

A friend has a Vox tonelab se and has some good tones. Also has a tube

I havent heard the boss and digitech stuff.

What do you think about this units.
What would you choose?

See less See more
#16 ·

I use a GNX4 as well....for about a year now. I never did get the mfx supermodels. I just make my own patches. It's awesome. The only thing that I'd want different is more tracks to record to on the built-in recorder.

I've tried the other multieffects boards and I came back to Digitech. Plus the online community is amazing. Think Jemsite for the Digitech GNX series.

#8 ·
Went to the music store today, got GAS and bought the Zoom g9.2tt, I tested this one and the line 6 pod xt live.

This one had better distortions, and the guys at the music store told me that zoom was a better sounding unit, also that it was the last one they had.

So, i got it, now im reading the manual to get some patches worked.

#12 · (Edited)
How's the distortion on GT-8? I used to have BOSS ME-50. I hated the distortion because it sounds thin. I compared my BOSS analog pedal (MT-2) to BOSS ME-50, I would take my Metal Zone any day.

As far as I know, Zoom G9.2tt has this technology called the tube accelerator which they actually incorporated with this unit to make the distortion and other effects sound more organic. It is supposed to be a new technology and I am prepared to give it a test drive. Hopefully, the distortion sound is as close as my analog pedal. Dont know about Gt-8 though

#23 · (Edited)
GT-8. It may take a bit of time to really understand it. but its not that hard.

Its the only pedal I use, I don't have any stopmbox on the side or nothing. GT-8 can do it all, great and I mean great distortion, you just need to spend some time tweaking, with the amp models, tubesreamer on top of that, then EQ and there you go! All effects are top notch, Chorus, Delay, Reverb, Phase, Flange, and even the weird things like Whammy, Rottary effect, Voice, Octave, HArmony are all great. And I cant say enough about the Wah models. You get 5 different Wah models and 3 you can create yourself. That's a model after the Cry Baby, a Vox wah, a 7-String wah, Power Wah, Light Way. And all these sound real, I use them all in different patches, not one do I feel sounds fake and ignore it. I use the light wah the most. The 7-String wah is great for heavier use and when in the lower strings. Cray baby and Vox wah models are really really close the the real thing. I dont play with Wah alot but I cant say enough good things about the Wah models.

Oh and I might as well point out, I dont have the best amp, just a Peavey 110 Envoy. The GT-8 has a output setting, so the GT-8 knows I'm using a combo amp and it shapes the tones for a combo amp, you can switch between small amp, combo, rack amp, and direct (for live direct and direct recording)

I also onw a POD XT wich I sometimes use seperatly of my GT-8. I was told the PODXT and PODXT Live have similar tones. I find the POD is nothing but a toy next to the GT-8. When late at night I sometimes play around with my PODXT, but I dotn even have to because the GT_8 has a headphone jack, and sounds better. Get a GT-8, take time to learn it and you'll love it, period!

EDIT, forgot to mention one of the best feature of the GT-8, CHANNELS!!! you know like a real amp. Every patch you get two channel, and you can have any amp in those channels. 5150 in Channel A and Marshall in B. Recto in A and a JC in B. You can even have Channel A and B run together, Mono or Left and Right, then you can really create some sound of your own, mix two dirty amp and tweak both to really shape your tone. Cant say it all in one post, I get carried away a bit when talking about the GT-8 I just love it this much!

#27 ·
EDIT, forgot to mention one of the best feature of the GT-8, CHANNELS!!! you know like a real amp. Every patch you get two channel, and you can have any amp in those channels. 5150 in Channel A and Marshall in B. Recto in A and a JC in B. You can even have Channel A and B run together, Mono or Left and Right, then you can really create some sound of your own, mix two dirty amp and tweak both to really shape your tone. Cant say it all in one post, I get carried away a bit when talking about the GT-8 I just love it this much!

The Digitech GNX4 does this as well. I love it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.