Ibanez JEM Forum banner

I'm looking to buy a reverb pedal

5K views 36 replies 13 participants last post by  elcid 
#1 ·
Hey everyone - I'm looking to buy a reverb pedal. But I bet you all could've figured that out from the title of the thread. I'm just wondering what everyones got, whats the best and so on. I've been thinking of the EH holy grail. I just love a little reverb with whatever sound I've got going on. I'm not going to use the pedal to create crazy sounds or anything, but I'll use it all the time. Any thoughts?

#4 · (Edited)
I dont think so, those tone core pedals arent too bad. I think in the $140 neighborhood.
I just got an Echo Park for $100 because Line 6 was running a $40 instant rebate on them, maybe the promotion is still going on.
The cool thing (maybe) about the Tone Core pedals is you can buy one, then buy just the effect part and swap out different effects inthe same pedal.
The main drawback that I've found so far though is the actual housing is bulky and somewhat awkward.

EDIT: MF sells it for $150

#6 ·
Hey was that a sarcastic thanks (meaning you didn't want to spend the money?) or are you actually looking for another pedal? If you do buy one - let me know how you like it. Now one question about the Line 6 pedals - can you buy one of the pedals, and then swap out the module, or do you have to buy the dock to be able to swap modules?

#7 ·
It was a little of both :)
I dont have money for a pedal, (just got laid off) but looking into it more.
You can buy the pedal then swap out the modules. I still havent decided if thats cool or not. I dont see how it would be beneficial in a live situation, but being able to save mony just buying the modules is a plus.

#8 ·

I mainly use the reverb built-in to my Digitech GNX4, but I've also got a Digitech X-Series Digiverb. I used to have an 80's DOD reverb. All three work great. I got lucky on the Digitech Digiverb and was able to pick up a new on for $62. You can select between room, plate, hall, church, gated, reverse, and spring reverb with adjustments on level, EQ and decay. But if price is a big deal then I'd check out the used pedals on the bay. DOD makes great pedals. The stuff from the 80's is some of the best in my opinion.

#19 ·
the best reverb you can get is in the amp, but i know you want a pedal.
depends what sort 'o 'verb you want.

amp reverb is not up to the job of shoegazing.

and sping is ok, but not big enough to get harmonics and stuff like that when playing with a bow (sigur ros).

i want a reverb that is big, but not noisey.

courtney2018, whats the 'church' setting like on the digitech?

cheers

tom
x

#17 · (Edited)
Suppose the amp doesn thave reverb? Which amp has the best reverb? Does it not matter which amp has the best reverb as long as its the reverb that is built into an amp. Are you saying the reverb in 15 watt practice amp would be better than the reverb from TC Electronics or some other high end company?

Not to mention a reverb pedal gives you more options than just having a knob labeled "reverb".

I know your a young guy yoyo, and it's cool that your so into music, but have you ever heard the saying "It's better to not say something and have people think you are dumb, than to say something and prove them right"?

#18 ·
I know your a young guy yoyo, and it's cool that your so into music, but have you ever heard the saying "It's better to not say something and have people think you are dumb, than to say something and prove them right"?
Now, now....there is a kinder, gentler Cid. It is not like you haven't said any
ass-inine things before. Although, I have to admit I secretly look forward to reading your snide quips and euphanisms. Gawd I need a life. :wink:

#23 ·

I just jammed on mine for a bit trying out the different settings. To get that kid of reverb I'd choose either the Plate or Hall setting. The Church setting has too much echo to mimic the mp3 clip you posted. Choosing Plate or Hall and adjust the Level and Decay knobs you can get the same amount and type of reverb as your posted clip and more.

The X-series has very broad settings. I think their aim was to make an all encompassing pedal.

#29 ·
great! thanks for doing that!! :)

sorry, another question; does the lexel knob as as a mix level, i.e, can you set it 100% wet? if so then i am defo going to get one!

The level knob controls how much of the reverb is being heard. Think of it as a dimmer knob for a light. All the way off and you hear no reverb mixed with your guitar. All the way on and you hear all the reverb mixed with your guitar.

I looked on e.b.a.y. for a couple of months until I was able to get a used one in new condition for $62. Usually you'll see them on there for a buy it now price of right at $100. They can be had for cheaper. You just have to be patient and wait for a good used one to come up.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.