Ibanez JEM Forum banner

JSX Line-out into Toneport

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  MadRyan 
#1 ·
So I've got a Line6 toneport on the way, mainly because I want something to record the odd bit with, but also to do some practicing without making a ton of noise with the JSX.

The Toneport has two line-in ports. My JSX has a line-out with a level control, about which the manual says:

"it provides a post-power amp signal to drive another power amp/speaker system while maintaining the amplifiers tone"

My question is, can I run the line-out on the JSX to the line-in on the toneport and get my JSX tone to record through the through the toneport, or would this turn the toneport into a pile of smoldering electronics?

TIA

#2 ·
The Toneport has two line-in ports. My JSX has a line-out with a level control, about which the manual says:

"it provides a post-power amp signal to drive another power amp/speaker system while maintaining the amplifiers tone"

My question is, can I run the line-out on the JSX to the line-in on the toneport and get my JSX tone to record through the through the toneport, or would this turn the toneport into a pile of smoldering electronics?

TIA
Thats an interesting question. The fact that the manual calls it a "post-power amp singal" makes me say that you couldn't, but then it goes on to say that you could connect it to another power amp...Thats weird...I'd ask Peavy. Usually running a power amp signal to anything other than a speaker cab, or power soak (something that can take the load) will hurt both your amp and whatever you are connecting it to. Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.